Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:48:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Submissions  |  Topic: Quotes on holiness and quiet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Quotes on holiness and quiet  (Read 3809 times)
susanna

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2014, 11:18:57 AM »

Whoever sits in solitude and is quiet has escaped from three wars:  hearing, speaking, and seeing.  Yet against one thing he must constantly battle: his own heart. 
St. Antony Abbot

So it is with all holy men, they love to be not where sumptuous banquets are, but where holiness flourishes. 
Thomas Aquinas

Only those who have known the silence and solitude of a hermit's cell can understand its blessings and joys. 
St. Bruno

The important thing is not to think much, but to love much; do then whatever most arouses you to love.  - St. Teresa of Jesus
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 11:50:18 AM »

That's really splendid. I really love those quotes.

Thank you Susanna.

Thanks be to God and to Mary Ever Virgin, and all the Archangels, Angels, and Saints. . .

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Simone57

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2023, 07:46:41 PM »

These were such beautiful and comforting quotes.  I felt such a sense of peace after reading them.  I always enjoy simple, yet powerful spiritual saying.  Thank you for this wonderful post. 
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2024, 10:17:33 AM »

Yes I feel the same way.  crucifix

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Submissions  |  Topic: Quotes on holiness and quiet « previous next »
Jump to: