Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:59:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Book Study  |  Topic: Nican Mopohua 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Nican Mopohua  (Read 38602 times)
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2014, 05:18:25 AM »

109. Ixpantzinco mopechtecac, quimotlapalhui, quimolhuili: 
He prostrated himself before her, he greeted her, he said to her: 
110. " Nochpochtziné, Noxocoyohué, Cihuapillé! Maximopaquiltitié. Quen otimixtonalti? Cuix ticmohuelmachitia in motlazonacayotzin, Notecuiyoé, Nopiltzintziné? 
"My little Maiden, my smallest Daughter, my Virgin! I hope you are happy; how are you this morning? Does your beloved little body feel well, my Lady, my Maiden 
111. Nictequipachoz in mixtzin in moyollotzin: ma xic momachiltitzino, Nochpochtziné, ca huellanauhtoc ce momacehualtzin notla. 
Although it grieves me, I will cause your face and your heart anguish: I must tell you, my Beloved Maiden, that one of your servants, my uncle, is very ill. 
112. Huey cocoliztli in itech omotlali; ca yeppa icmomiquiliz. 
A terrible sickness has taken hold of him; he will surely die from it soon. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2014, 04:56:36 AM »

113. Auh oc noniciuhtiuh in mochantzinco Mexico, noconnonochiliz ceme in itlazohuan Totecuiyo in toteopixcahuan, conmoyolcuitilitiuh, ihuan conmocencahuilitiuh, 
And now I shall go quickly to your little house in [the city of] Mexico, to call one of our priests, the beloved ones of Our Lord, so that he will go to hear his confession and prepare him, 
114. ca nel ye inic otitlacatque in ticchiaco in tomiquiztequiuh. 
because we really were born for that, we who came to wait for the painful effort of our death. 
115. Auh intla onoconneltilito, ca niman nicanocceppa nihualmocuepaz, inic nonyaz noconitquiz in mi'iyotzin in motlatoltzin, Tlacatlé Nochpochtziné. 
But, if I am going to carry it out, I will return here after that to go carry your breath, your word, Lady, my Maiden one. 
116. Ma xinechmotlapopolhuili, ma oc ixquich xinechmopaccaihiyohuilti camo ic nimitz noquelhuia, Noxocoyohué, Nopiltziné. Ca niman moztla niquiztihuetziqiuh." 
I beg you to forgive me, be patient with me a little longer, because I am not deceiving you with this, my youngest Daughter, my Beloved Maiden. Tomorrow without fail I will come as fast as possible." 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2014, 04:41:49 AM »

117. Auh in oyuhquimocaquiti itlatol in Juan Diego quimonanquili in icnohuaca-cenquizca-ichpochtzintli: 
As soon as she heard the explanations of Juan Diego, the Merciful Perfect Virgin answered him: 
118. "Maxiccaqui, ma huel yuh ye in moyollo, noxocoyouh, maca tle tlein mitzmauhti, mitzteouipacho. Macamo quen mochihua in mix in moyollo. Macamo xiquimacaci in cocoliztli, manoce oc itla cocoliztli, cococ teopouhqui. 
"Listen, put it into your heart, my youngest-and-dearest son, that the thing that frightened you, the thing that afflicted you is nothing. Do not let it disturb you. Do not fear this sickness nor any other sickness, nor any sharp and hurtful thing. 
119. Cuix amo nican nica nimonantzin? Cuix amo nocehuallotitlan, necauhyotitlan in tica? Cuix amo nehuatl innimopaccayeliz? Cuix amo nocuixanco nomamalhuazco in tica? Cuix oc itla in motech moneoui? 
Am I not here, I, who am your mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not the source of your joy? Are you not in the hollow of my mantle, in the crossing of my arms? Do you need something more? 
120. Macamo oc itla mitztequipacho mitzamana. Macamo mitztequipacho inicocoliz motlatzin, camo ic miquiz in axcan itechca. Ma huel yuh ye inmoyollo ca ye opatic." 
Let nothing else worry you, disturb you. Do not let your uncle's illness pressure you with grief, because he will not die of it now. You may be certain that he is already well". 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2015, 06:42:17 AM »

121. Auh ca niman huel icuac patic in itlatzin, in yuh zantepan machiztic. 
And at that very moment his uncle became well, as they later found out. 
122. Auh in Juan Diego in oyuhquicac in iiyotzin in itlatoltzin in Ilhuicac Cihuapilli, huel cenca in omoyollali, huel ic pachiuh in iyollo. 
And when Juan Diego heard the blessed breath, the blessed words, of the Queen of Heaven, he was greatly comforted by them, and his heart became peaceful. 
123. Auh quimotlatlauhtili inic ma za ye quimotitlanili inic quittatiuh in Tlatoani Obispo in quitquiliz itla inezca, in ineltica, inic quineltocaz. 
And he begged her to send him immediately to see the Governing Bishop, to take him something for the sign, for the proof so that he would believe. 
124. Auh in Ilhuicac Cihuapilli niman ic quimonahuatili inic ontlecoz in icpac tepetzintli, in oncan canin yeppa conmottiliaya; 
And the Queen of Heaven ordered him then to go to the top of the little hill, where he had seen her before: 

whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2015, 10:19:14 PM »

Smiley what a great story. Still checking in to read it regularly.
Thank you and God bless!

Let nothing disturb you
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2015, 04:56:48 AM »

125. Quimolhuili: "Xitleco, noxocoyouh, in icpac in tepetzintli, auh in canin otinechittac ihuan onimitznanahuati. 
She said to him: "Go up, my dearest son, to the top of the hill, to where you saw me and I told you what to do; 
126. Oncan tiquittaz onoc nepapan xochitl. Xictetequi, xicnechico xiccentlai, niman xic-hualtemohui, nican nixpan xic-hualhuica." 
There you will see that there are different kinds of flowers. Cut them, gather them, put them all together; then come down here; bring them here, into my presence." 
127. Auh in Juan Diego niman ic quitlecahui in tepetzintli. 
Juan Diego climbed to the top the top of the hill right away. 
128. Auh in oacito icpac, cenca quimahuizo in ixquich onoc, xotlatoc, cuepontoc in nepapan caxtillan tlazoxochitl, in ayamo imochiuhyan, 
And when he reached the top, he was astonished by all of them, blooming, open, flowers of every kind, lovely and beautiful, when it still was not their season, 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2015, 04:28:01 AM »

129. ca nel huel icuac in motlapaltilia izcetl. 
because really that was the season in which the frost was very harsh. 
130. Huel cenca ahuiaxtoc, iuhqui in tlazoepyollotli inic yohualahuachyotoc.
They were giving off an extremely soft fragrance; like precious pearls, as if filled with the dew of the night. 
131. Niman ic peuh in quitetequi, huel moch quinechico, quicuixanten. 
Then he began to cut them, he gathered them all, he put them in the hollow of his tilma. 
132. Auh in oncan icpac tepetzintli, ca niman atle xochitl in imochiuhyan, ca texcalla, netzolla, huihuitztla, nopalla, mizquitla. 
The top of the little hill was certainly not a place in which any flowers grew; there are only plenty of rocks, thorns, spines, prickly pears and mesquite trees.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2015, 09:28:03 PM »

The top of the hill, was certainly not a place in which any flowers grew. . .

Only plenty of rocks, thorns, spines, prickly pears and mesquite trees. . .

It makes me think a little..

Mesquite.. reminds me of acacia in its looks..

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2015, 09:30:59 PM »

'And you shall make it in this way: build an ark of acacia wood' (25:9-10)

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2015, 05:02:57 AM »

133. Auh intla xiuhtotontin mochichihuani, in icuac in ipan metztli diciembre, ca moch quicua quipopolohua izcetl. 
And even though some little herbs or grasses might grow, it was then the month of December, in which the frost eats everything up and destroys it. 
134. Auh ca niman ic hualtemoc, quihualmotiquili in Ilhuicac Cihuapilli in nepapan xochitl oquitetequito. 
And immediately he came back down, he came to bring the Heavenly Maiden the different kinds of flowers which he had gone up to cut. 
135. Auh in oyuhquimottili, imaticatzinco conmocuili. 
And when she saw them, she took them with her precious hands. 
136. Niman ye occeppa icuexanco quihualmotemili quimolhuili: 
Then she put them all together into the hollow of his tilma (cuexäntli) again and said: 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2015, 06:06:59 AM »

137. "Noxocoyouh, inin nepapan xochitl yehuatl in tlaneltiliz in nezcayotl in tic'huiquiliz in obispo. 
"My youngest-and-dearest son, these different kinds of flowers are the proof, the sign that you will take to the bishop. 
138. Nopampa tiquilhuiz ma ic quitta in notlanequiliz, ihuan ic quineltiliz in notlanequiliz, in nocializ. 
You will tell him from me that he is to see in them my desire, and that therefore he is to carry out my wish, my will. 
139. Auh in tehuatl in tinotitlan ca huel motech netlacaneconi. 
And you, you who are my messenger, in you I place my absolute trust. 
140. Auh huel nimitztlacuauhnahuatia zan huel icel ixpan obispo ticzohuaz in motilma, ihuan ticnextiliz in tlein tic'huica. 
and I strictly order you that you only open your tilma alone in the presence of the bishop, and show him what you are carrying. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2015, 05:47:48 AM »

141. Auh huel moch ticpohuiliz, tiquilhuiz in quenin onimitznahuati inic titlecoz in icpac tepetzintli in tictetequitiuh xochitl, ihuan in ixquich otiquittac, oticmahuizo,
And you will tell him everything exactly, you will tell him that I ordered you to climb to the top of the little hill to cut flowers, and everything that you saw and admired, 
142. inic huel ticyolloyehuaz in teopixcatlatoani inic niman ipan tlatoz inic mochihuaz, moquetzaz in noteocal oniquitlanili. " 
so that you can convince the governing priest, so that he will then do what lies within his responsibility so that my temple which I have asked him for will be made, will be raised." 
143. Auh in oconmonanahuatili in Ilhuicac Cihuapilli, quihualtocac in cuepotli Mexico hualmelahua. Ye pactihuitz. 
And as soon as the Queen of Heaven gave him her orders, he took the causeway, he comes straight to Mexico City. He comes happily now. 
144. Ye yuh yetihuitz in iyollo, ca yecquizaquiuh, quiyequitquiz. 
His heart is tranquil now, because his errand will come out well, he will carry it our perfectly. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2015, 05:17:50 AM »

145. Huel quimocuitlahuitihuitz in tlein icuixanco yetihuitz in manen itla quimacauh. 
Along the way, he is very careful of what is in the hollow of his garment, lest he lose something. 
146. Quimotlamachtitihuitz in iahuiaca in nepapan tlazoxochitl. 
As he comes, he enjoys the fragrance of the different kinds of exquisite flowers. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2015, 04:53:06 AM »

147. In oacico itecpanchan Obispo connamiquito in icalpixcauh ihuan occequin itlanencahuan in Tlatocateopixqui. 
When he arrived at the Bishop's residence, the doorkeeper and the other servants of the Governing Priest went to meet him.
148. Auh quintlatlauhti inic ma quimolhuilican in quenin quimottiliznequi, yece ayac ceme quinec. Amo conmocaccaneque azo ye inic huel oc yohuatzinco; 
And he begged them to tell him how much he wanted to see him, but none of them was willing. They pretended they didn't understand him, perhaps because it was still very dark; 
149. auh anoce inic ye quiximatti zan quintepachoa inic imixtlan pilcatinemi, 
or perhaps because they felt by now that all he did was to bother them and to keep on insisting, 
150. ihuan ye oquinonotzque in imicnihuan in quipoloto in iquac quitepotztocaque. 
and their companions had already told them, the ones who lost him from sight when they were following him. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2015, 05:10:27 AM »

151. Huel huecauhtica in otlatolchixticatca. 
For a long, long time he waited for his request to be granted. 
152. Auh in oquittaque ye huel huecauhtica in oncan icac, motololtiticac, tlatenmaticac in azo notzaloz, ihuan in iuhquinma itla quihualitqui, quicuixanoticac; niman ye ic itech onacique inic quittilizque tlein quihuicatz inic inyollo pachihuiz. 
And when they saw that he was simply standing there for a long, long time with his head down, without doing anything, in case he should be called, and that it looked as if he was carrying something, as if he was bringing it in the hollow of his tilma (cuexäntli); then they came up close to him to see what he was bringing and thus satisfy their curiosity. 
153. Auh in oquittac in Juan Diego ca niman ahuel quintlatiliz in tlein quihuicatz, ca ic quitolinizque quitotopehuazque noce ic quimictizque, tepiton quihualnexti ca xochitl. 
And when Juan Diego saw that there was no way in which he could hide from them what he was carrying and that therefore they might harass him or push him perhaps hurt him and the flowers, he finally gave them a little peek and they saw that it was flowers. 
154. Auh in yuhquittaque ca moch caxtillan nepapan xochitl ihuan in camo imochiuhyan in icuac, huel cenca quimahuizoque, ihuan in. quenin huel cenca celtic, inic cueponqui, inic ahuiac, inic mahuiztic. 
And when they saw that they were all exquisite different flowers and that it wasn't the season for them to be blooming, they were very, very astonished by how fresh they were, how good they smelled, how handsome they seemed.

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2015, 05:13:47 AM »

155. Auh quelehuique inic quezquitetl conanazque, quiquixtilizque. 
And they wanted to grab and pull a few out. 
156. Auh huel expa mochiuhqui inic motlapaloque concuizquia; niman ahuel mochiuhqui, 
They dared to try to grab them three times, but there was no way in which they could do it, 
157. yeica in icuac qui'itzquizquia aocmo huel xochitl in quittaya, zan yuhquima tlacuilolli, noce tlamachtli, noce tlatzontli in itech quittaya tilmatli. 
because when they would try, they could no longer see the flowers, they saw them as if they were painted or embroidered or sewn on the tilma.
158. Niman ic quimolhuilito. in Tlatoani Obispo in tlein oquittaque, 
They went immediately to tell the Governing Bishop what they had seen, 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Book Study  |  Topic: Nican Mopohua « previous next »
Jump to: