Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:24:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Book Study  |  Topic: Nican Mopohua 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Nican Mopohua  (Read 38710 times)
Poche

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2014, 05:59:48 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i. Nican Mopohua, motecpana, in quenin yancuican hueytlamahuizoltica monexiti in cenquizca ichpochtli Sancta María Dios Inantzin Tocihuapillatocatzin, in oncan Tepeyacac, motenehua Guadalupe. 
Here it is told, and set down in order, how a short time ago the Perfect Virgin Holy Mary Mother of God, our Queen, miraculously appeared out at Tepeyac, widely known as Guadalupe. 
ii. Acattopa quimottititzino ce macehualtzintli itoca Juan Diego, auh zantepan monexiti in Itlazoixiptlatzin in ixpan yancuican Obispo, Don Fray Juan de Zumárraga. 
First She caused herself to be seen by an Indian named Juan Diego, poor but worthy of respect; and then her Precious Image appeared before the recently named Bishop, Don Fray Juan de Zumárraga. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 06:19:15 AM »

001. Ye yuh matlac xihuitl in opehualoc in atl in tepetl Mexico, in ye omoman in mitl in chimalli, in ye nohuian ontlamatcamani in ahuacan in tepehuacan 
Ten years after the City of Mexico was conquered, with the arrows and shields put aside, when there was peace in all the towns
002. in maca zan ye opeuh, ye xotla, ye cueponi in tlaneltoquiliztli in iximachocatzin in Ipalnemohuani, nelli Teotl Dios. 
just as it sprouted, faith now grows green, now opens its corolla, the knowledge of the One by whom we all live: the true God. 
003. In huel ihcuac in ipan xihuitl mil y quinientos y treinta y uno, quin iuh iquezquilhuioc in metztli Diciembre mochiuh, oncatca ce macehualtzintli icnotlapatzintli, 
At that time, the year 1531, a few days into the month of December, it happened that there was a humble but respected Indian, a poor man of the people;

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 06:09:39 AM »

004. itoca catca Juan Diego, iuh mitoa ompa chane in Cuauhtitlan.
his name was Juan Diego; he lived in Cuauhtitlán, as they say. 
005. Auh in ica Teoyotl, oc mochompa pohuia in Tlatilolco. 
And in all the things of God, he belonged to Tlaltilolco. 
006. Auh Sábado catca, huel oc yohuatzinco quihualtepotztocaya in Teoyotl ihuan in inetititlaniz. 
006 It was Saturday, not yet dawn; he was coming in pursuit of God and his commandments. 
007. Auh in acico in inahuac tepetzintli in itocayocan Tepeyacac, ye tlatlalchipahua. 
And as he drew near the little hill called Tepeyac it was beginning to dawn. 
008. Concac in icpac tepetzintli cuicoa, yuhquin nepapan tlazototome cuica; cacahuani in intozqui, iuhquin quinananquilia tepetl, huel cenca teyolquima, tehuellamachti in incuic; quicenpanahuia in coyoltototl in tzinitzcan ihuan in occequin tlazototome ic cuica. 
He heard singing on the little hill, like the song of many precious birds; when their voices would stop, it was as if the hill were answering them; extremely soft and delightful; their songs exceeded the songs of the coyoltotl and the tzinitzcan and other precious birds. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 06:33:18 AM »

009. Quimotztimoquetz in Juan Diego. Quimolhui: cuix nolhuil, cuix nomacehual in ye niccaqui? Azo zan nictemiqui? Azo zan niccochitlehua? 
Juan Diego stopped to look. He said to himself: "By any chance am I worthy, have I deserved what I hear? Perhaps I am only dreaming it? Perhaps I'm only dozing?. 
010. Canin ye nica? Canin ye ninotta? Cuix ye oncan in quitotehuaque huehuetque tachtohuan tococolhuan, in xochitlalpan in tonacatlalpan, cuix ye oncan ilhuicatlalpan?" 
Where am I? Where do I find myself? Is it possible that I am in the place our ancient ancestors, our grandparents, told about, in the land of the flowers, in the land of corn, of our flesh, of our sustenance, possibly in the land of heaven?". 
011. Ompa on itzticaya in icpac tepetzintli in tonatiuh iquizayampa, in ompa hualquiztia in ilhuicatlazocuicatl. 
He was looking up toward the top of the hill, toward the direction the sun rises from, toward where the precious heavenly song was coming from. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 06:13:03 AM »

012. in oyuhceuhtiquiz in cuicatl, inomocactimoman in yeequicaqui hualnotzalo in icpac tepetzintli, quilhuia: "Juantzin, Juan Diegotzin". 
And then when the singing suddenly stopped, when it could no longer be heard, he heard someone calling him, from the top of the hill, someone was saying to him: "Juan, Dearest Juan Diego." 
013. Niman zan yeemotlapaloa inic ompa yaz in canin notzalo, aquen mochihua in iyollo, manoce itla ic mizahuia, yece huel paqui huellamachtia; quitlecahuita in tepetzintli ompa itztia in campa hualnotzaloc. 
Then he dared to go to where the voice was coming from, his heart was not disturbed and he felt extremely happy and contented, he started to climb to the top of the little hill to go see where they were calling him from. 
014. Auh in ye acitiuh in icpac tepetzintli, in ye oquimottili ce Cihuapilli oncan moquetzinoticac, 
And when he reached the top of the hill, when a Maiden who was standing there, who spoke to him, 
015. quihualmonochili inic onyaz in inahuactzinco. 
who called to him to come close to her.

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 06:22:01 AM »

016. Auh in oyuhacito in ixpantzinco, cenca quimomahuizalhui in quenin huellacenpanahuia in ic cenquizca mahuizticatzintli: 
And when he reached where she was, he was filled with admiration for the way her perfect grandeur exceeded all imagination: 
017. in itlaquentzin yuhquin tonatiuh ic motonameyotia, inic pepetlaca; 
her clothing was shining like the sun, as if it were sending out waves of light, 
018. auh in tetl, in texcalli in ic itech moquetza, inic quimina; 
and the stone, the crag on which she stood, seemed to be giving out rays; 
019. in itlanexyotzin yuhqui in tlazochalchihuitl maquiztli, in ic neci; 
her radiance was like precious stones, it seemed like an exquisite bracelet (it seemed beautiful beyond anything else); 
020. yuhquin ayauhcozamalocuecueyoca in tlalli. 
the earth seemed to shine with the brilliance of a rainbow in the mist. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 06:11:23 AM »

021. Auh in mizquitl, in nopalli ihuan occequin nepapan xiuhtotontin oncan mochichihuani yuhquin quetzaliztli. Yuhqui in teoxihuitl in iatlapalio neci. Auh in icuauhyo, in ihuitzyo, in iahuayo yuhqui in cozticteocuitlatl in pepetlaca. 
And the mesquites and nopals and the other little plants that are generally up there seemed like emeralds. Their leaves seemed like turquoise. And their trunks, their thorns, their prickles, were shining like gold. 
022. Ixpantzinco mopechtecac. Quicac in iyotzin, in itlatoltzin, in huel cenca tehuellamachti, in huel tecpiltic yuhqui in quimococonahuilia, quimotlatlazotilia.
He prostrated himself in her presence. He listened to her voice [her breath], her words, which give great, great glory, which were extremely kind, as if she were drawing him toward her and esteemed him highly. 
023. Quimolhuili: - "Tlaxiccaqui noxocoyouh Juantzin, campa in timohuica?" 
She said to him, "Listen, my dearest-and-youngest son, Juan. where are you going?" 
024. Auh in yehuatl quimonanquilili: "Notecuiyoé, Cihuapillé, Nochpochtziné! Ca ompa nonaciz mochantzinco Mexico-Tlatilolco, nocontepotztoca in teoyotl, in techmomaquilia, in techmomachtilia in ixiptlahuan in Tlacatl in Totecuiyo, in toteopixcahuan. 
And he answered her: "My Lady, my Queen, my Beloved Maiden! I am going as far as your little house in Mexico-Tlatilolco, to follow the things of God (everything that makes God be God) that are given to us, that are taught to us by the ones who are the images of Our Lord: our priests." 
025. Niman ye ic quimonochilia, quimixpantilia in itlazotlanequiliztzin, 
Then she talks with him, she reveals her precious will, 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 05:44:35 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
026. quimolhuilia: "Maxicmatti, ma huel yuh ye in moyollo, noxocoyouh, canehuatl in nicenquizcacemicac Ichpochtli Santa María, in inantzin in huel nelli Teotl Dios, in ipalnemohuani, in teyocoyani, in tloque nahuaque, in ilhuicahua, in tlalticpaque. Huel nicnequi, cenca niquelehuiz inic nican nechquechilizque noteocaltzin, 
and she says to him: "Know, be sure, my dearest-and-youngest son, that I am the Prefect Ever Virgin Holy Mary, mother of the one great God of truth who gives us life, the inventor and creator of people. the owner and lord of what is around us and what is touching us or very close to us, the owner and lord of the sky, the owner of the earth. I want very much that they build my sacred little house here, 
027. in oncan nicnextiz, nicpantlazaz; 
in which I will show him, I will exalt him on making him manifest; 
028. nictemacaz in ixquich notetlazotlaliz, noteicnoittaliz, in notepalehuiliz, in notemanahuiliz, 
I will give him to the people in all my personal love, in my compassionate gaze, in my help, in my salvation, 
029. ca nel nehuatl in namoicnohuacanantzin, 
because I am truly your compassionate mother, 
030. in tehuatl ihuan in ixquichtin in ic nican tlalpan ancepantlaca, 
yours and of all the people who live together in this land, 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 07:22:13 AM »

031. ihuan in occequin nepapantlaca notetlazotlacahuan, in notech motzatzilia, in nechtemoa, in notech motechilia, 
and of all the other people of different ancestries, those who love me, those who cry to me, those who seek me, those who trust in me, 
032. ca oncan niquincaquiliz in inchoquiz, in itlaocol, inic nicyectiliz nicpatiz in ixquich nepapan innetoliniliz, intonehuiz, inchichinaquiliz. 
because there I will listen to their weeping, their sadness, to remedy, to cleanse and nurse all their different troubles, their miseries, their suffering.
033. Auh inic nuelneltiz in nicnemilia in noteicnoittaliz ma xiauh in ompa in itecpanchan in Mexico obispo, auh tiquilhuiz in quenin nehua nimitztitlani inic tiquixpantiz in quenin huel cenca niquelehuia inic nican nechcalti, nechquechili in ipan in tlalmantli noteocal; huel moch ticpohuiliz in ixquich in otiquittac, oticmahuizo, ihuan in tlein oticcac. 
And to bring about what my compassionate and merciful gaze is trying to do, go to the residence of the bishop of Mexico, and you will tell him how I am sending you, so that you may reveal to him that I very much want him to build me a house here, to erect my temple for me on the plain; you will tell him everything, all that you have seen and marveled at, and what you have heard.
034. Auh ma yuh ye in moyollo ca huel nictlazocamattiz, auh ca niquixtlahuaz 
And know for sure that I will appreciate it very much and reward it,

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 06:10:02 AM »

035. ca ic nimitzcuiltonoz, nimitztlamachtiz, 
that because of it I will enrich you, I will glorify you; 
036. ihuan miec oncan ticmacehuaz ic niccuepcayotiz in mociahuiliz, in motequipanoliz in ic ticnemilitiuh in tlein nimitztitlani. 
and because of it you will deserve very much the way that I reward your fatigue, your service in going to request the matter that I am sending you for. 
037. Ocayeoticcac noxocoyouh, in ni'iyo, in notlatol; ma ximohuicatiuh, ma ixquich motlapal xicmochihuihuili." 
Now, my dearest son, you have heard my breath, my word: go, do what you are responsible for [in this effort]." 
038. Auh niman ic ixpantzinco onmopechtecac, quimohuili: "Notecuiyoé, Cihuapilé, caye niyauh inic nicyectiliz in mi'iyotzin in motlatoltzin. Ma oc nimitznotlalcahuili in nimocnomacehual." 
And immediately he prostrated himself in her presence; he said to her: "My Lady, my Beloved Maiden, now I am going to make your venerable breath, your venerable word, a reality. I, your poor Indian, am leaving you for a while."
039. Niman ic hualtemoc in quineltilitiuh in inelitlaniz: connamiquico in cuepotli, huallamelahua Mexico. 
Then he came down (from the hill) to put her errand into action; he came to get onto the causeway, he comes straight
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 05:39:00 AM »

040. In oacico itic altepetl, niman ic tlamelauh in itecpanchantzinco Obispo, in huel yancuican hualmohuicac Teopixcatlatoani, itocatzin catca D. Fray Juan de Zumárraga San Francisco Teopixqui. 
When he reached the center of the city, he went straight to the palace of the Bishop, the Governing Priest, who had just recently arrived; his name was Don Fray Juan de Zumárraga, a Franciscan Priest. 
041. Auh in oacito niman ic moyeyecoa inic quimottiliz; quintlatlauhtia in itetlayecolticahuan in itlanencahua, inic conittotihue. 
And as soon as he got there, he then tries to see him; he begs his servants, his helpers, to go and tell him he needs to see him. 
042. Ye achi huecautica in connotzaco, in ye omatlanahuatili in Tlatoahuani Obispo, inic calaquiz. 
After a long time, when the Reverend Bishop ordered that he enter, they came to call him; 
043. Auh in oncalac niman ixpantzinco motlancuaquetz, mopechtecac, niman ye ic quimixpantilia quimopohuilia in iiyotzin in itlatoltzin Ilhuicac Cihuapilli in inetitlaniz: noihuanquimolhuilia in ixquich oquimahuixo, in oquittac, in oquicac. 
And as soon as he entered, first he knelt before him, he prostrated himself, then he reveals to him, he tells him the precious breath, the precious word of the Queen of Heaven, her message, and he also tells him everything that made his marvel, what he saw, what he heard
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 05:33:07 AM »

044. Auh in oquicac in mochi itlatol, inetitlaniz, yuhquin amo cenca monelchiuhtzino, 
And having heard his whole story, his message, as if he didn't particularly believe it to be true, 
045. quimonanquili, quimolhuili: "Nopiltzé, ma occepa tihuallaz, oc ihuaian nimitzcaquiz, huel oc itzinecan niquittaz, nicnemiliz in tlein ic otihualla in motlanequiliz, in motlaelehuiliz". 
he answered him, he said to him: "My son, you will come again. I will still hear you calmly, I will look at it carefully from the very beginning, I will consider the reason why your have come, your will, your desire". 
046. Hualquiz tlaocoxtihuitz, inic amo niman oneltic in inetitlaniz". 
He left; he came out sad, because the errand entrusted to him was not immediately accepted. 
047. Niman hualmocuep iz za ye icuac ipan cemilhuitl; niman onca huallamelauh in icpac tepetzintli. 
Then he returned, at the end of the day, then he came straight from there to the top of the little hill. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 05:40:28 AM »

048. Auh ipantzinco acito in Ilhuicac Cihuapilli; iz zan ye oncan in canin acattopa quimottili, quimochialitica. 
He had the joy of meeting the Queen of Heaven; there exactly where she had appeared to him the fist time, she was waiting for him. 
049. Auh in oyuhquimottili, ixpantzinco mopechtecac, motlalchitlaz, quimolhuili:
As soon as he saw her, he prostrated himself before her, he threw himself to the ground, he said to her:
050. " Notecuiyoé, Tlacatlé, Cihuapillé, Noxocoyohué, Nochpochtziné! Ca onihuia in ompa otinechmotitlanili, ca oticneltilito in mi'iyotzin in motlatoltzin; macihuiin ohuihuitica in onicalac in ompa iyeyan in teopixcatlatoani, ca oniquittac, ca oixpannictlali in mi'iyotzin in motlatoltzin in yuh otinechmonanahuatili. 
"My dear Mistress, Lady Queen, my Youngest Child, my dear Beloved Maiden! I did go to where you sent me to carry our your dear breath, your dear word; although I entered with difficulty to where the place is of the Governing Priest, I saw him, I put your breath, your word, before him, as you ordered me to.
051. Onechpaccaceli, auh oquiyeccac;yece inic onechnanquili yuhquin amo iyollo omacic, amo monelchihua, 
He received me kindly and he listened to it perfectly, but from the way answered me, it's as if he didn't understand it, he doesn't think it's true. 
052. Onechilhui: "Occeppa tihuallaz, oc ihuiyan nimitzcaquiz, huel oc itzinecan niquittaz in tlein otihualla, motlayelehuiliz, motlanequiliz". 
He said to me: "You will come again: I will still listen to you calmly, I will look well to what you have come for, from the very beginning, to your desire, your will. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 05:35:37 AM »

053. Huel itech oniquittac in yuh onechnanquili ca momatti in moteocaltzin ticmonequiltia mitzmochihuililizque nican, azo zan nehuatl nicyoyocoya, acazomo motencopatzinco. 
The way he answered me, I could clearly see that he thinks your house that you want them to build for you here, maybe I'm only making it up, or that maybe it is not from your lips. 
054. Ca cenca nimitznotlatlauthtilia Notecuiyoé, Cihuapillé, Nochpochtziné, manozo aca ceme in tlazopipiltin, in iximacho, in ixtilo, in mahuiztilo, itech xicmocahuili in quitquiz in quihuicaz in mi'iyotzin in motlatoltzin inic neltocoz. 
I beg you, my Lady, Queen, my Beloved Maiden, to have one of the nobles who are held in esteem, one who is known, respected, honored, (have him) carry, take your dear breath, your dear word, so that he will be believed. 
055. Ca nel nicnotlapaltzintli, ca nimecapalli, ca nicacaxtli, ca nicuitlapilli, ca natlapalli, ca nitco ca nimamaloni, camo nonenemian, camo nonequetzayan in ompa tinechmihualia, Nochpochtziné, Noxocoyohué, Tlacatlé, Cihuapillé. 
Because I am really (just) a man from the country, I am a (porter's) rope I am a back-frame, a tail, a wing, a man of no importance: I myself need to be led, carried on someone's back, that place your are sending me to is a place where
I'm not used to going to or spending any time in, my little Virgin, my Youngest Daughter, my Lady, Beloved Maiden. 
056. Ma xinechmotiapopolhuili; nictequipachoz in mixtzin, in moyollotzin; ipan niaz, ipan nihuetziz in mozomatzin in mocualantzin, Tlacatlé, Notecuiyoé. "
Please excuse me; I will grieve to your face, your heart; I will go into, fall into, your anger, into your displeasure, my Lady, my Mistress." 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 06:59:13 AM »

057. Quimonanquilili iz cenquizca Mahuizichpochtzintli:
The Perfect Virgin, worthy of honor and veneration, answered him: 
058. " Tlaxiccaqui noxocoyouh ma huel yuh ye in moyollo camo tlazotin in notetlayecolticahuan in notititlanhuan, in huel intech niccahuaz in quitquizque in ni'iyo in notlatol, in quineltilizque in notlanequiliz. 
"Listen, my youngest-and-dearest son, know for sure that I have no lack of servants, of messengers, to whom I can give the task of carrying my breath, my word, so that they carry out my will. 
059. Yece huel yuh monequi inic huel tehuatl ic tinemiz ipan titlatoz, huel momatica neltiz mochihuaz, in nocializ, in notlanequiliz. 
But it is very necessary that you personally go and plead, that my wish, my will, become a reality, be carried out through your intercession. 
060. Auh huel nimitztlatlauhtia noxocoyouh, ihuan nimitztlacuauhnahuatia ca huel occeppa tiaz in moztla tiquittatiuh in obispo. 
And I beg you, my youngest-and-dearest son, and I order you strictly to go again tomorrow to see the bishop. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 06:14:55 AM »

061. Auh nopampa xicnemachti, huel yuh xiccaquiti in nocializ, in notlanequiliz, inic quineltiliz inic quichihuaz noteocal niquitlanilia.
And in my name make him know, make him hear my wish, my will, so that he will bring into being, he will build my house of God that I am asking him for.
062. ihuan huel occeppa xiquilhui in quenin huel nehuatl nicemicac Ichpochtli Santa Maria in Ni'inantzin Teotl Dios in ompa nimitztitlani".
and carefully tell him again how I, personally, the Ever Virgin Holy Mary, I, who am the Mother of God, am sending you."
063. Auh in Juan Diego quimonanquilili quimolhuili: " Notecuiyoé, Cihuapiilé, Nochpochtziné, macamo nictequipacho in mixtzin in moyollotzin, ca huel nocenyollocacopa nonyaz, noconneltilitiuh in mi'iyotzin in motlatoltzin ca niman amo nicnocacahualtia, manoce nictecococamatti in ohtli. 
For his part, Juan Diego responded to her and said to her "My Lady, Queen, my Beloved Maiden, let me not give you anguish, let me not grieve your face, your heart. I will most gladly go to carry out your breath, your word; I will absolutely not fail to do it, nor do I think the road is painful. 
064. Ca nonyaz noconchihuatiuh in motlanequiliztzin, zan huel ye in azo camo niyeccacoz; in tlanoce ye onicacoc acazomo nineltocoz. 
I will go and carry out your will, but perhaps I won't be heard, and if I am heard, perhaps I won't be believed. 
065. Ca tel moztla ye teotlac in ye oncalaqui tonatiuh niccuepaquiuh in mi'iyotzin in motlatoltzin in tlein ic nechnanquiliz in Teopixcatlatoani; 
Tomorrow afternoon, when the sun goes down, I will come to return to your word, to your breath, what the Governing Priest answers to me. 
066. Ca ye nimitznotlalcahuilia, Noxocoyohué, Nochpochtziné, Tlacatlé, Cihuapillé, ma oc ximocehuitzino". 
Now, I respectfully say goodbye to you, my youngest Daughter, my Virgin, Lady, Maiden, rest a little more." 
067. Auh niman ic ya in ichan mocehuito. 
And then he went to his house to rest.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Book Study  |  Topic: Nican Mopohua « previous next »
Jump to: