Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:25:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Book Study  |  Topic: Nican Mopohua 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Nican Mopohua  (Read 38715 times)
whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 03:45:16 PM »

Thank you for doing this, I am enjoying it very much! Smiley
 harp cherubim

Let nothing disturb you
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2014, 05:37:35 AM »

068. Auh in imoztlayoc Domingo, huel oc yohuatzinco tlatlayohuatoc, ompa hualquiz in ichan huallamelauh in Tlatilolco, quimattihuitz in teoyotl ihuan inic tepohualoz: niman ye inic quittaz Teopixcatlatoani. 
On the following day, Sunday, while it was still night, everything was still dark, he left there, he left his house, he came straight to Tlatilolco, he came to learn what pertains to God and to be counted in roll call; then to see the Reverend Bishop. 
069. Auh azo ya ipan matlactli hora in onecencahualoc inic omocac misa, ihuan otepohualoc, in hualxin in ixquich macehualli. 
And around ten o'clock everything had been taken care of: Mass was over and roll had been called and the crowd had gone away. 
070. Auh in yehuatl Juan Diego niman ic ya in itecpanchantzinco in Tlatoani Obispo. 
And Juan Diego went to the Reverend Bishop's residence. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 06:52:35 AM »

071. Auh in oacito ixquich itlapal oquichiuh inic oquimottiliz; auh huel ohuitica in occeppa quimottili. 
And as soon as he arrived he went through the whole struggle to see him, and after much effort he saw him again. 
072. Icxitlantzinco motlancuaquetz, choca, tlaocoya in ic quimononochilia, in ic quimixpantilia in i'iyotzin in tlatoitzin in Ilhuicac Cihuapilli, 
He knelt at his feet, he wept, he became sad as he spoke to him, as he revealed to him the breath, the words, of the Queen of Heaven, 
073. inic azo zanen neltocoz in inetitlaniz in itlanequiliztzin Cenquizca Ichpochtli, inic quimochihuililizque, inic quimoquechililizque in iteocaltzin in canin omotlatenehuili in canin quimonequiltia. 
that would to God the errand, the will, of the Perfect Virgin would be believed, of making for her, of building her sacred little house for her, where she had said, where she wanted it. 
074. Auh in Tlatoani Obispo huel miac tlamantli inic quitlatlani, quitlatemoli, inic huel iyollo maciz, campa in quimottili, quenamecatzintli; huel moch quipohuilili in Tlatoani Obispo. 
And the Governing Bishop asked him many, many things, pursued many, many, questions with him, to make certain of where he had seen her, what She was like; he told absolutely everything to the Señor Bishop. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 05:42:59 AM »

075. Auh macihui in huel moch quimomelahuilili in yuhcatzintli, ihuan in ixquich oquittac, oquimahuizo inca huel yuh neci ca Yehuatzin iz Cenquizca Ichpochtzintli in Itlazomahuiznantzin in Totemaquixticatzin Totecuiyo Jesucristo. 
And although he told him absolutely everything, and that in everything, he saw and marveled that it appeared with absolute clarity that she was the Perfect Virgin, the Kind and Wondrous Mother of Our Savior, Our Lord Jesus Christ, 
076. Yece amo niman ic omonelchiuh. 
nevertheless he still was not believed. 
077. Quitto ca amo zan ica itlatol itlaitlaniliz mochihuaz moneltiliz in tlein quitlani, 
He said that not simply on the basis of his word would his petition be carried out, would what he requested happen, 
078. ca huel oc itla inezca monequi inic huel neltocoz in quenin huel Yehuatzin quimotitlanilia in Ilhuicac Cihuapilli. 
but that some other sign would be necessary if he were really to believe how the Queen of Heaven in person was sending him. 

whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 04:49:42 PM »

If the bearer of this request from Our Lady would have not been a poor peasant, we might not have had the miracle of her image on his humble milpa. 
   His cloak was such a part of him, he probably used it to keep warm, to carry his produce from the fields.
 It became a miraculous object of veneration and resulted in the conversion of many!

I'm so glad  the Americas, both north and south have her as our patroness.  cheers angel bell :principalities: harp happywave harp

Let nothing disturb you
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 12:47:28 AM »

The story of Our Lady of Guadalupe is indeed amazing! Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 05:15:54 AM »

077. Quitto ca amo zan ica itlatol itlaitlaniliz mochihuaz moneltiliz in tlein quitlani, 
He said that not simply on the basis of his word would his petition be carried out, would what he requested happen, 
078. ca huel oc itla inezca monequi inic huel neltocoz in quenin huel Yehuatzin quimotitlanilia in Ilhuicac Cihuapilli. 
but that some other sign would be necessary if he were really to believe how the Queen of Heaven in person was sending him.
081. Auh in oquittac in Obispo ca huel monelchihua ca niman atle ic meleltia, motzotzona, niman ic quihua. 
And when the Bishop saw that he was in agreement, that he did not hesitate or doubt in the slightest, he dismisses him. 
082. Auh in ye huitz, niman ic quinmonahuatili quezqui in ichantlaca, in huel intech motlacanequi, quihualtepotztocazque, huel quipipiazque campa in yauh, ihuan aquin conitta connotza. 
And as soon as he is on his way, he orders some of household staff in whom he had absolute trust to go along following him, to carefully observe where he was going, whom he was seeing, to whom he was talking. 
083. Tel iuh mochiuh. Auh in Juan Diego niman ic huallamelauh, quitocac in cuepotli. 
And that's what they did. And Juan Diego came directly. He took the causeway. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 05:26:12 AM »

084. Auh in quihualtepotztocaya oncan atlauhtli quiza, inahuac Tepeyacac quauhpantitlan quipoloco. Manel oc nohuian tlatemoque aoccan quittaque. 
And those who were following him lost him on the wooden bridge where the brook comes out near Tepeyac. And even though they searched all over for him, they couldn't find him anywhere. 
085. Zan yuh hualmocuepque, amo zaniyo in icomoxixiuhtlatito, noihuan ic oquimeleti oquincualancacuiti: 
And so they turned back. He made them angry, not just because they had made terrible fools of themselves, but also because he had frustrated their attempt. 
086. Yuh quinonotzato in Tlatoani Obispo, quitlahuellalilique inic amo quineltocaz; quilhuique inic zan conmoztlacahuilia, zan quipipiqui in tlein quihualmolhuilia, anoce zan oquitemic, zan oquicochitleuh in tlein quimolhuilia in tlein quimitlanililia; 
So they went to tell the Señor Bishop, they put into his head that he shouldn't believe [Juan Diego]; they told him how he was only telling him lies, that he was only making up what he came to tell him, or that he was only dreaming, only imagining what he was telling him, what he was asking of him. 
087. Auh huel yuh quimolhuique intla occeppa hualaz, mocuepaz, oncan quitzitzquizque, ihuan chicahuac quitlatzacuiltizque inic aocmo ceppa iztlacatiz, tecuamanaz. 
Therefore they decided that if he came again, if he returned, they would grab him right there and would punish him severely, so that he would never come again to tell lies or get the people all excited. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 04:53:24 AM »

088. In oquíxquichica Juan Diego catca ixpantzinco Cemicac Ichpochtzintli; quílhuiaya itenanquíliliz in quitquilito itencopa Huey Teopixcatlatoani; 
Meanwhile, Juan Diego was with the Most Holy Virgin, telling her the response that he was bringing from the Señor Bishop; 
089. in oyuhquimocaquilti in Tlatocacihuapilli quilhui: 
when she had heard it, she said to him: 
090. "Ca ye cualli, ca ye yuhqui, noxocoyouh, nican moztla occeppa tihualaz inic tiquitquilitiuh huey teopixqui in tlaneltiliztli in nezcayotl in mitztlatlanilia. 
"That's fine, my dear son, you will come back here tomorrow so that you may take the bishop the sign he has asked you for. 

whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2014, 12:25:03 PM »

I like how she doesn't say "if you come back tomorrow....",
or " would you like to come back....", or " I hope you come back....",
Our Blessed Mother says," You will come back tomorrow..."
 We used to have a priest who talked like that.  It wasn't said like an order,
it sounded more like a prediction. Cheesy One just couldn't  refuse! Little Angel

Let nothing disturb you
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2014, 10:18:26 PM »

Moving to hear whiterockdove! That's from a Catholic heritage alright!  Grin

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2014, 04:57:34 AM »

091. Ic niman mitztlatolcaquiliz, ihuan itechpa ayoquic mitzchicomattiz, nlon motech chicoyollohuaz, 
With this he will believe you, and he will no longer have any doubts about all this and he will no longer be suspicious of you, 
092. ihuan ma huel yuh ye in moyollo, noxocoyouh, ca nimitztlaxtlahuiz monetlacuitlahulliz, motlatequipanoliz mociammlquiliz, in nopampa titlapopolotoc. 
and know, my dear son, that I will reward your care and the work and fatigue that you have put into this for me. 
093. Tlacuele, notelpotzin, ca tel moztla ye nican nimitzonchixtoz." 
So, go now: I will be waiting here for you tomorrow." 
094. In imoztlayoc Lunes in icuac quihuicazquia in Juan Diego in itla inezca inic neltocoz aocmo ohualmocuep. 
And on the following day, Monday, when Juan Diego was to take some sign in order to be believed, he did not return. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2014, 05:32:16 AM »

095. Ye ica in icuac acito in ichan, ce itla, itoca Juan Bernardino, oitechmotlali in cocoliztli, huel tlanauhtoc, 
Because when he arrived at his house, the sickness had struck an uncle of his, named Juan Bernardino, and he was very ill. 
096. Oc quiticinochilito, oc ipan tlato, yece aocmo inman, ye huel otlanauh. 
He went to get the native healer, who treated him, but it was too late; he was very ill. 
097. Auh in ye yohuac, quitlatlauhti in itla in oc yohuatzinco, oc tlatlayohuatoc hualquizaz, quimonochiliquiuh in oncan Tlatilolco ceme in teopixque inic mohuicaz, quimoyolcuitilitiuh, ihuan quimocencahuilitiuh, 
And when night came, his uncle begged him to come shortly after midnight, while it was still dark, to call to Tlatilolco for some priest to go to confess him, to go to get him ready, 
098. ye ica ca huel yuhca in iyollo ca ye inman, ca ye oncan inic miquiz ca aoc mehuaz, aocmo patiz. 
because he was sure that the time and place had now come for him to die, because he would no longer get up, he would no longer get well. 
099. Auh in Martes huel oc tlatlayohuatoc in ompa hualquiz ichan in Juan Diego in quimonochiliz teopixqui in ompa Tlatilolco. 
And on Tuesday, while it was still night, Juan Diego left his house to come to Tlatilolco to get the priest. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2014, 04:48:00 AM »

100. Auh in ye acitihuitz inahuac tepetzintli Tepeyacac in icxitlan quiztica ohtli tonatiuh icalaquiampa, in oncan yeppa quizani, quito: 
And when he finally reached the little hill which ended the mountain range, at its foot, where the road comes out, on the side that the sun sets on, where he always passed before, he said: 
101. "lntla zan nicmelahua ohtli, manen nechhualmottiliti iz Cihuapilli, ca yeppa nechmotzicalhuiz inic nic huiquiliz tlanezcayotl in teopixcatlatoani, in yuh onechmonahuatili; 
"If I go ahead on the road, I don't want this Lady to see me, because for sure, just like before, she'll stop me so I can take the sign to the church governor for her, as she ordered me to; 
102. Ma oc techcahua in tonetequipachol, ma oc nic nonochilitihuetzi in teopixqui Motolinia, in notlatzin amo za quimochialitoc." 
because first our tribulation must leave us; first I must quickly call the priest; my uncle is anxiously waiting for him." 
103. Niman ic contlacolhui in tepetl; itzallan ontlecoc yenepa centlapal, tonatiuh izquizayampa quizato, inic iciuhca acitiuh Mexico, inic amo quimotzicalhuia in Ilhuicac Cihuapilli, 
He immediately turned toward the hill, climbed up across it where there is a pass, and emerged on the eastern side, so that he could go quickly to Mexico, but so that the Queen of Heaven would not detain him. 
104. In momatti ca in ompa in otlacolo ca ahuel. quimottiliz in huel nohuiampa motztilitica. 
He thinks that where he made the turn, the one who is looking everywhere perfectly won't be able to see him. 
whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2014, 02:24:07 PM »

He is struggling  to do the right thing and to be obedient and faithful,
and he is being tested!
 " maybe if I travel this way instead of that, She won't see me!"  Cheesy
Just like little kids trying to get away with something and doing an adorably poor job of it.
And of course the resistance comes from fear of the future, Juan Diego is not having good days at this point,
The Bishop doesn't believe him, some of his neighbors are out to get him, now his Uncle needs help.

I am resisting reading ahead from another source, it's good that way for a change. I tend to vacuum up books rather quickly and not retain very much.  Trying to change that!
 Thank you, Poche, for another entry of this story. God Bless crucifix crucifix crucifix

Let nothing disturb you
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2014, 05:12:10 AM »

105. Quittac quenin hualmotemohui icpac in tepetzintli ompa hualmotztilitoc in ompa hualmotztilitoc in ompa yeppa conmottiliani. 
He saw how she was coming down from up on the hill, and that from there she had been looking at him, from where she saw him before. 
106. Conmonamiquilico in inacaztlan tepetl, conmotzacuililico, quimolhuili: 
She came to meet him beside the hill, she came to block his way; she said to him: 
107. "Auh noxocoyouh, campa in tiyauh? Campa in titztiuh?" 
"Where are you going, my youngest-and-dearest son? Where are you headed for?" 
108. Auh in yehuatl cuix achi ic mellelma, cuix noce pinahuac. Cuix noce ic mizahui, momauhti. 
And he, perhaps he grieved a little, or perhaps he became ashamed. Or perhaps he became afraid of the situation, be became fearful. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Book Study  |  Topic: Nican Mopohua « previous next »
Jump to: