Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:34:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Book Study  |  Topic: Nican Mopohua 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Nican Mopohua  (Read 38604 times)
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2015, 05:21:13 AM »

159. ihuan in quenin quimottiliznequi in macehualtzintli ye izquipa huallauh, ihuan in ye huel huecauh in ye ic azo onca tlatlatolchixtoc inic quimottiliznequi. 
and how much the lowly Indian who had come other times wanted to see him, and that he had been waiting a very long time there for permission, because he wanted to see him. 
160. Auh in Tlatoani Obispo in oyuh quimocaquiti, niman ipan ya in iyollotzin ca yehuatl in ineltica inic iyollotzin maciz, inic quimoneltililiz in tlein ic nemi tlacatzintli. 
And as soon as the Governing Bishop heard it, he realized that this was the proof to convince him to get started on what the humble man was asking him for. 
161. Niman motlanahuatili inic niman calaquiz, quimottiliz. 
He immediately ordered that he come in to see him. 
162. Auh in ocalac ixpantzinco mopechtecac, in yuh yeppa quichihuani. 
And when [Juan Diego] had come in, he prostrated himself in [the Bishop's] presence, as he had done before. 

whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2015, 04:51:53 AM »

That is such an amazing description of how the flowers were " untouchable"
When the curious peasants tried to grab them from the tilma!
 crucifix crucifix crucifix

Let nothing disturb you
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2015, 05:28:32 AM »

163. Auh occeppa quimotlapohuilili in ixquich oquittac in oquimahuizo ihuan in inetitlaniz. 
And again he told him what he had seen and admired, and his message. 
164. Quimolhuili: "Notecuiyoé, Tlatoanié! Ca ye onicchiuh. Ca ye onicneltili in yuh otinechmonahuatili. 
He said to him, "Your Excellency, sir! I have done it. I have carried out your orders. 
165. Ca huel yuh onicnolhuilito in Tlacatl in Notecuiyo in Ilhuicac Cihuapilli Santa María in Teotl Dios Itlazonantzin, in ticmitlania in tlanezcayotl inic huel tinechmoneltoquitiz, inic ticmochihuililiz in iteocaltzin in oncan mitzmitlanililia, ticmoquechiliz. 
That is, I went to tell my Mistress, the Queen of Heaven, Holy Mary, the Beloved Mother of God, that you were asking for proof so you could believe me, so that you would make her sacred little house, where she was asking you to build it. 
166. Auh ca huel yuh onicnolhuili in onimitznomaquili in notlatol inic nimitzhualnohuiquiliz in itla inezca in ineltica in itlanequiliztzin inic nomac oticmocahuili. 
And I also told her that I had given you my word to come to bring you some sign, some proof of her will, as you told me to. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2015, 05:39:56 AM »

167. Auh ca oquihuelmocaquiti in mi'iyotzin in motlatoltzin; auh oquimopaccacelili in ticmitlania in itla inezca, ineltica, inic mochihuaz moneltiliz in itlanequiliztzin. 
And she listened carefully to your breath, your word, and was pleased to receive your request for the sign, the proof, so that her beloved will can be done, can be carried out. 
168. Auh ye in in axcan oc yohuatzinco onechmonahuatili inic occeppa nimitznottiliquiuh. 
And today, while it was still night, she ordered me to come again to see you. 
169. Auh onicnitlanilili in itla inezca inic nineltocoz, in yuh onechmolhuili nechmomaquiliz, auh ca zan niman oquimoneltilili. 
And I asked her for the proof so that I would be believed, as she had said that she would give it to me, and she kept her promise immediately. 
170. Auh onechmihuali in icpac tepetzintli in canin yeppa noconnottiliani inic ompa nictetequitiuh in nepapan Caxtillan xochitl. 
And she ordered me to the top of the little hill where I had seen her before, to cut different flowers up there; Castilian roses. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2015, 05:32:42 AM »

171. Auh in onictequito, onic'hualnohuiquilili in oncan tlatzintlan; 
And when I had cut them, I took them down to her at the bottom; 
172. auh ca imaticatzinco conmocuili, 
and she took them with her holy hands, 
173. occeppa nocuixanco oconhualmotemili, 
again she placed them in the hollow of my tilma (cuexäntli), 
174. inic nimitzhualnotquililiz in huel Tehuatzin nimitznomaquiliz. 
so that I would bring them to you, so I would give them only to you. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2015, 04:18:16 AM »

175. Macihui in ca huel nicmattia camo imochiuhyan xochitl in icpac tepetzintli, ca zan tetexcalla, netzolla, huitztla, tenopalla, mizquitla. Amo ic oninotzotzon; amo ic nomeyolloac. 
Although I knew very well that the top of the hill isn't a place where flowers grow, because there are only a lot of craggy rocks, thorns, spiny acacias, prickly pears, mesquite bushes. I didn't doubt because of that; I didn't hesitate because of that. 
176. In nacito in icpac tepetzintli in nitlachix ca ye xochitlalpan. 
When I reached the top of the hill I saw that it was now paradise. 
177. Oncan cenquiztoc in ixquich nepapan tlazoxochitl caxtillancayotl ahuach, tonameyotoc, inic niman onictetequito. 
Every kind of different precious flowers were there, each one perfect, the very finest that there are, full of dew and shining so I immediately cut them. 
178. Auh onechmolhuili inic ipampa nimitznomaquiliz; auh ca ye yuh nic neltilia inic oncan ticmottiliz in itla nezcayotl in ticmitlanilia inic ticmoneltililiz in itlanequiliztzin. 
And she told me that I should give them to you from her, and that in this way I would show the truth; that your should see the sign that you were asking for in order to carry our her beloved will. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2015, 05:52:08 AM »

179. Ihuan inic neci ca neltiliztli in notlatol, in nonetitlaniz. 
And so that it will be clear that my word, my message, is truth. 
180. Ca izca; ma xicmocelili." 
Here they are; please receive them." 
181. Auh ca niman ic quihualzouh in iztac itilma in oquicuixanoticaca xochitl. 
And then he held out his white tilma, in the hollow of which he had placed the flowers. 
182. Auh in yuh hualtepeuh in ixquich nepapan caxtillan xochitl. 
And just as all the different Castilian roses fell out upon the floor, 

whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2015, 11:57:25 AM »

:principalities: Hail Mary; full of grace.
The Lord is with you.Blessed art thou amongst women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

:principalities: harp angel blue
 flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower

Let nothing disturb you
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2015, 10:20:09 PM »

Amen.  cross prayer rejoice

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2015, 05:13:20 AM »

183. Niman oncan, momachioti, neztiquiz in Itlazoixiptlatzin iz Cenquizca Ichpochtli SantaMaria Teotl Dios Inantzin in yuhcatzintli axcan moyetztica, 
then and there, the beloved Image of the Perfect Virgin Holy Mary, Mother of God, became the sign, suddenly appeared in the form and figure in which it is now, 
184. in oncan axcan mopixtzinotica in itlazochantzinco in iteocaltzinco Tepeyacac, motocayotia Guadalupe. 
where it is preserved in her beloved little house, in her sacred little house at Tepeyac, which is called Guadalupe. 
185. Auh in oyuhquimottili in Tlatoani Obispo ihuan in ixquichtin oncan catca motlancuaquetzque, cenca quimahuizoque. 
And as soon as the Governing Bishop and all those who were there saw it, they knelt, they were full of awe and reverence. 
186. Quimotztimoquetzque, tlaocoxque, moyoltoneuhque, yuhquin ahcoya in inyollo inintlalnamiquiliz. 
They stood up to see it, they became sad, they wept, and their hearts and minds were then in ecstasy. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2015, 04:46:02 AM »

187. Auh in Tlatoani Obispo choquiztica, tlaocoyaliztica quimotlatlauhtili, quimitlanilili in itlapopolhuililoca inic amo niman oquineltili, in itlanequiliztzin, in i'iyotzin in itlatoltzin. 
And the Governing Bishop weeping and with sadness begged and asked her to forgive him for not having immediately carried out her will, her holy breath, her holy word. 
188. Auh in omoquetz quihualton in iquechtlan ic ilpitacatca in itlaquen, in itilma Juan Diego, 
And when he got up, he untied Juan Diego's garment, his tilma, from his neck where it was tied, and 
189. in itech omonexiti in oncan omomachiotitzino in Ilhuicac Cihuapilli. 
on which the Queen of Heaven appeared, on which she became the sign. 
190. Auh niman ic quimohuiquili; ompa quimotlalilito in ineteochihuayan. 
And then he took it and placed it in his private chapel. 

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2015, 04:45:41 AM »

191. Auh oc onca ocemilhuiti in Juan Diego in ichantzinco Obispo; oc quimotzicalhui. 
And Juan Diego still stayed for the day in the Bishop's house, he still kept him there. 
192. Auh in imoztlayoc quilhui: "Zaque, inic ticteittitiz in canin itlanequiliztzin Ilhuicac Cihuapilli quimoquechililizque in iteocaltzin." 
And on the next day he said to him: "Come, let's go so you can show where is that the Queen of Heaven wants her chapel built." 
193. Niman ic tetlalhuiloc inic mochihuaz moquetzaz. 
People were immediately invited to make it, to build it.

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2015, 05:53:38 AM »

194. Auh in Juan Diego in oyuhquitteititi in canin quimonahuatili in Ilhuicac Cihuapilli moquetzaz iteocaltzin, nimac ic tenahuati; 
And Juan Diego, as soon as he showed where the Lady of Heaven had ordered her sacred little house to be built, asked for permission; 
195. in oc onaciznequi in ichan inic conittatiuh in itlatzin Juan Bernardino in huellanauhtoc, in icuac quihualcauhtehuac ceme quinotzazquia teopixque in oncan Tlatilolco, inic quiyolcuitizquia, quicencahuazquia, in quimolhuili Ilhuicac Cihuapilli in ye opatic. 
he wanted to go to his house in order to see his uncle, Juan Bernardino, who was very ill when he left him to go to Tlatilolco to call a priest to confess him and prepare him, the one whom the Queen of Heaven had told him had already been cured. 
196. Auh amo zan icel quicauhque yaz, ca quihuicaque in ompa in ichan. 
But they didn't let him go alone, rather people went with him to his house. 
197. Auh in oyuh acito quittaque in itlatzin ye huel pactica, niman atle quicocoa, 
And when they arrived they saw that his uncle was now healthy; he had absolutely no pain of any kind.

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2015, 05:20:42 AM »

198. Auh in yehuatl cenca quimahuizo in quenin imach hualhuico, ihuan cenca mahuiztililo. 
And he, for his part, was greatly surprised by the way in which his nephew was accompanied and very honored. 
199. Quitlatani in imach tleica in yuhqui chihualo, in cenca mahuiztililo: 
He asked his nephew why it was that they were honoring him so much; 
200. Auh in yehuatl quilhui in quenin icuac ompa hualehuac in quinochilizquia teopixqui inquiyolcuitiz, quicencahuaz, in oncan Tepeyacac quimottilitzino in Ilhuicac Cihuapilli. 
and he told him how, when he left to go call a priest for him who would confess him and prepare him, the Lady of Heaven appeared to him there at Tepeyac. 

eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2015, 11:31:16 AM »

May God Bless you for this wonderful thread.  This presentation is far more devotional than my Francis Johnston book, The Wonder of Guadalupe, although the book is very interesting.
whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2015, 01:45:01 PM »

I second that! I looked up some other presentations/translations and this one is so much
more prayerful.  I like the references to "breath". 
Thank you and God Bless, Poche crucifix crucifix crucifix

Let nothing disturb you
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Book Study  |  Topic: Nican Mopohua « previous next »
Jump to: