Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:51:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Excerpts from Mystical City of God by Ven. Mary of Agreda 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 59 Print
Author Topic: Excerpts from Mystical City of God by Ven. Mary of Agreda  (Read 354344 times)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 22, 2015, 06:06:41 PM »

Amen.

Praised be Jesus and Mary!

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #801 on: September 23, 2015, 10:12:27 AM »

rejoice tiny angel littlewings thrones angel blue police soldier thumbs up big grin harp tiphat :teaandcoffee: angel yellow cherubim Seraphim angel bell :principalities: angel bell Seraphim cherubim angel yellow irishwisdom bigbluegrin sad bye farmer happywave soldier angel blue thrones littlewings tiny angel rejoice rotfl blue
 kanpai kanpai kanpai kanpai kanpai  harp violin happy roll  cross prayer  littleprayer planter teaparty big grin cheers tea harp violin kanpai kanpai kanpai kanpai kanpai

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #802 on: September 23, 2015, 10:13:53 AM »

Time to celebrate Therese!!!

So much to be thankful for! A lot of happy memories and inspiration and knowledge to keep with devotion for a lifetime!

Deo gratias et Mariae Semper Virgini and all the angels, archangels, saints, and holy souls!

And may God rest!

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 23, 2015, 04:06:07 PM »

Time to celebrate Therese!!!

So much to be thankful for! A lot of happy memories and inspiration and knowledge to keep with devotion for a lifetime!

Deo gratias et Mariae Semper Virgini and all the angels, archangels, saints, and holy souls!

And may God rest!

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Yes, let us celebrate!  Deo gratias for making this book available to us and, most importantly, for giving us such a gracious and loving Mother and Queen!  May we heed all of her instructions and live by them and follow her most holy example. 

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 23, 2015, 09:47:14 PM »

What a treasure and what hard work you have done.
Thank you so much for these postings.

Ave, ave, ave, Maria!
Ave, ave, ave, Maria.
 harp harp harp :principalities: :principalities: :principalities:

Let nothing disturb you
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 24, 2015, 07:12:38 AM »

What a treasure and what hard work you have done.
Thank you so much for these postings.

Ave, ave, ave, Maria!
Ave, ave, ave, Maria.
 harp harp harp :principalities: :principalities: :principalities:

You are very welcome, Whiterockdove!  I only wish that I had posted more of the very important parts of the work (those parts that were too long for me to type) and that my posts of excerpts had less mistakes in them!  I am editing them and posting them in a group discussion on [mod edit: please do not advertise websites] so that more people can benefit from this most excellent work.  I think that after the Bible Mystical City of God is the most excellent work ever written!  All praise to Jesus and Mary!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:57:14 PM by Shin » Logged

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 29, 2015, 07:40:24 PM »

Soon, folks,  I'll be posting more excerpts from Mystical City of God.  God bless you all!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #807 on: September 29, 2015, 11:18:12 PM »

I am looking forwards to the missed quotes! Cheesy

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 29, 2015, 11:36:23 PM »

I am looking forwards to the missed quotes! Cheesy

Great, Shin!  And I am looking forward to sharing more quotes with you!  I think I'll start my 10 day Ignatian Retreat this Thursday or Friday so I can get started with the quotes ASAP after that.  God bless you!

whiterockdove

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 29, 2015, 11:59:34 PM »

Will be waiting and looking forward to more quotes  crucifix crucifix crucifix

Let nothing disturb you
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: September 30, 2015, 06:20:34 AM »

I'll keep them coming, Whiterockdove, but for the next 18 days I might not be able to post on this thread or on the forums.  I've decided to break up the meditations of my Ignatian Retreat so I'll only have 2 hour long meditations a day rather than 4, over a period of 18 days.  My retreat will not be a full fledged Ignatian retreat with four hours daily of meditations, but I'll be able to cover my 35 meditations over the next 18 days just the same.  I can even pray an extra half-hour of mediation before retiring, and this will work out with my schedule.  Two and a half hours of mental prayer is what I am used to; plus I can pray my usual 15 decades of the Rosary and have time for my morning and night vocal prayers, some spiritual reading and all my other duties, if I keep to 2 meditations daily rather than try 4.

God bless you and all our SDF family!  I hope to return to the forums wiser and holier when my 18 days are completed!     

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 18, 2015, 03:36:45 PM »

The Mystical City of God four-volume set of soft-covered books can now be obtained, for the cost of only $40. [mod edit: please do not advertise websites]  I hope that you all obtain this magnificent work and read all four volumes.  You will not regret it!

I'll start posting more excerpts from Mystical City of God, but I'll be going at a snail's pace this time around.  God bless you!  
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:48:17 PM by Shin » Logged

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #812 on: October 18, 2015, 03:48:55 PM »

Just a note, please do not advertise websites, even without links. Cheesy

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 18, 2015, 03:53:41 PM »

Just a note, please do not advertise websites, even without links. Cheesy

Alright, Shin, I won't advertise websites.  Sorry! Cheesy

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 19, 2015, 06:59:36 AM »

+++++++++++++++ Here I begin posting new excerpts from Mystical City of God, beginning with the Introduction of Vol. I. +++++++++++++++

'Remember, Mary, that all obedience takes its rise from God as from its first and principal source, and we angels obey the powers of his divine right hand and his most just will.  We cannot contravene or ignore it, because we see the immutable being of God face to face and we perceive that his will is holy, pure and true, most equitable and just.  Now this certainty, which we angels possess through the beatific vision, you mortals also possess in its proper proportion as wayfarers through the words of the Lord concerning your prelates and superiors:  "He who hears you, hears Me; and who obeys you, obeys Me."  (Luke 20, 16).  Now since obedience is rendered on account of God, who is the principal Cause and the Superior of all, it is befitting to his almighty Providence that He take the consequences of obedience, whenever that which is commanded is not in itself sinful.  Accordingly the Lord assures us of these things by an oath, and He will sooner cease to exist, though this is impossible, than that He will fail in his word.'

The holy Angels to Ven. Mary of Agreda, Mystical City of God, Vol. I, Intro., Para. 8
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:17:38 AM by Therese » Logged

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 19, 2015, 07:06:07 AM »

'Let all of them [all the devout and sinners] see the example of thy highest sanctity and purity, and by the grace of thy most holy Son, let me be favored with this mirror and efficacious rule, by which I can set my life in order.  For this is to be the principal purpose and first object of my solicitude in writing thy life.'

Ven. Mary of Agreda to our Lady, Mystical City of God, Vol. I, Intro., 13

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 59 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Excerpts from Mystical City of God by Ven. Mary of Agreda « previous next »
Jump to: