Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:19:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: The Joys and Challenges of a Solitary Life 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Print
Author Topic: The Joys and Challenges of a Solitary Life  (Read 108746 times)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 08, 2016, 06:50:25 AM »

St. Therese was very humble and humility is the truth.  St. Therese in her humility knew that she was a saint, as the following passage from St. Therese: Her Last Conversations reveals:

During the month of August, 1897, about six weeks before her death, I [Sr. Marie of the Sacred Heart (her sister Marie)] was at her bedside with Mother Agnes of Jesus [her sister Pauline] and Sr. Genevieve [her sister Celine].  Suddenly without any provocation, she looked at us with a heavenly air and said very distinctly:
       "You know well that you are taking care of a little saint."
When she was asked in the process of beatification, whether the Servant of God had given any explanation or correction to this statement, Sr. Marie of the Sacred Heart answered:
       "I was very much moved by these words as though I had heard a saint predict what would happen after her death.  Under the influence of this emotion, I withdrew a short distance from the infirmary, and I don't remember having heard anything else."

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 08, 2016, 06:59:45 AM »

Here's another aspiration:

Lord, make me a saint, for all is possible with you!

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 08, 2016, 09:21:10 AM »

Here is another one:

Jesus, my Love, come to me!

I would like to point out to you all that the aspiration above is a short Spiritual Communion.  It is very good to make short Spiritual Communions frequently throughout the day.  Short Spiritual Communions are very easy to say and please our Lord very much!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: January 08, 2016, 09:34:14 AM »

Splendid! Cheesy

cross prayer :principalities: angel bell Seraphim flower Seraphim angel bell :principalities: cross prayer

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 08, 2016, 11:39:32 AM »

Dear Shin,

You quoted St. Alphonsus on your "Quote for the Day" or "Quote for the Night" thread and the quote was about exactly what I had sought out to do in my spiritual life--and on the very same day that I sought out to do it.  Neat!  The quote was a good confirmation, seeing a Novus Ordo priest I ran into that day in his bookstore tried to dissuade me from my goal, a goal, by the way, that came from the instruction of our Lady in the Mystical City of God.  I have all confidence in our Lady's instruction and in St. Alphonsus' and so didn't really need any confirmation.  But it was nice getting one!  God bless you and thank you!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: January 08, 2016, 02:02:47 PM »

It is so refreshing isn't it, to find a quote like this from the saints.   Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 08, 2016, 03:57:57 PM »

It is so refreshing isn't it, to find a quote like this from the saints.   Cheesy

Yes, Shin. Cheesy  The saints truly knew how to live--they are the experts on the spiritual life, I can trust them to lead me down the right path.  Especially Blessed Mary!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: January 18, 2016, 11:43:16 PM »

'From this valley of tears, turn your gaze continually to God, ever awaiting the moment when you will be united to Him in heaven. Often contemplate heaven, and fervently exclaim: What a beautiful abode there is above! It is destined for us! Sigh longingly after its possession. Sometimes say, while your eyes are moist with tears: Nothing in this world pleases me; I no longer care for anything but my God. Yes, I hope, yes, I wish to possess Him, and I hope this of the mercy of God, through the merits of my Saviour's Passion and the dolors of my good Mother Mary.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 21, 2016, 06:57:08 PM »

Here are a couple of aspirations for you all to pray if you'd like:

My Jesus, Thou alone art sufficient for me.

and

My Love, do not permit me to separate myself from Thee.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: January 21, 2016, 07:48:32 PM »

I like them together!

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 21, 2016, 10:37:36 PM »

Yes, they do work well together, don't they?!  Good night and God bless you, Shin!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: The Joys and Challenges of a Solitary Life « previous next »
Jump to: