Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:35:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Prayer Requests  |  Topic: Uncle Jim 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Uncle Jim  (Read 26213 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2016, 09:00:59 PM »

Amen amen. Cheesy Thank you my friend!!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2016, 06:04:24 AM »

Uncle Jim came through surgery successfully, however he had gone into cardiac arrest. He is now under observation in the heart/cardiac unit of the hospital.

Thank you for your prayers my friends.. please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. For his health and for his soul.

Thanks be to God for His love and mercy.

Thanks be to Our Lord the Good Physician, Our Lady, Queen and Mother, and all the angels and saints and holy souls.

And may God rest the holy souls.

Ave Maria. . .

Ave Maria. . .

Ave Maria. . .

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

~ Matthew 20: 28 ~

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2016, 07:12:39 PM »

Continued prayers for Uncle Jim brother !!! Glad he made it thorough surgery. Hope his recovery goes well !  Smiley

"O Holy Lord grant me the graces and helps I need to be faithful to all of the responsibilities and duties of my vocation and my state in life and in the faithful living of the true Spiritual Life. Amen."
~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2016, 09:21:26 PM »

Thank you James..

My uncle Jim is my Granna's 'little brother'.. very little, he came along quite awhile after she had grown. And Granna passed away a little over a year ago now..

Granna passed away after a long battle with Alzheimers.. I remember too, things really went downhill after she had a ministroke that was not detected for over a month. It should have been detected sooner.. she was such an intelligent woman.. this sort of disability of the mind would bother her most of all in many ways.. her mother had Alzheimers.. So she knew what would happen.. and the ministroke began symptoms where she started a certain amount of paranoia and delusions, and become suspicious of folks, convinced various things that never happened, but because she was so intelligent and trusting in herself alone she could not believe she was wrong until later on at the doctors she found she had suffered a mini-stroke. In the end she couldn't recognize family who visited her.. even my mother or uncle Jim her dear little brother.. though sometimes she would have brighter days.. and recollect the distant past unexpectedly.. and she could think of folks visiting her as folks from the past.

Sigh.. Granna I love you.. Uncle Jim I love you.. Uncle Jim who has always been so physically active and sturdy..  these physical problems.. it's mortifying for him too.. who would always be out golfing or renovating houses.. to be unable to do much of what he wishes to do.

But since he and she suffered in this life in old age.. bearing crosses and penance is a positive sign for salvation so there is this consolation for us grieving family.

May the Lord heal him and bring him safely home.

Ave Maria. . .

Ave Maria. . .

Ave Maria. . .

James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

~ Matthew 20: 28 ~

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2016, 09:52:29 PM »

Amen Shin, Amen....

My Grandma suffered almost exactly the way yours did. Except instead of a mini-stroke, she had fallen while in her garden out back. She hit her head on the corner of a cement planter box. It fractured her skull. She went down hill from there until she got to the point that she only had about a 20 second memory. She did however, retain her memory of her grand kids and, "some", of her great grand kids ( which there are alot ). But that was few and far between. She passed quietly at the age of 100 years old.

"O Holy Lord grant me the graces and helps I need to be faithful to all of the responsibilities and duties of my vocation and my state in life and in the faithful living of the true Spiritual Life. Amen."
~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2016, 10:07:53 PM »

100 years.. a Centennial! What a grand age to reach James!

I am always saying, 'Sto lat!' to my father when we celebrate, it seems God said a great, 'Sto lat!' to your grandma. Cheesy

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2018, 01:41:38 PM »

Ave Maria. . .

Ave Maria. . .

Ave Maria. . .

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Prayer Requests  |  Topic: Uncle Jim « previous next »
Jump to: