Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:31:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: A Blessed Advent 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: A Blessed Advent  (Read 17753 times)
Therese

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2015, 05:21:30 PM »

Let's make this Advent a very holy time of preparation for our Lord's coming.  There are very good Advent meditations to be found on this website under "Saints' Books" I think it is.  The more we prepare this Advent, the more special will be our Christmas--believe me!  I have yet to light the first candle on my Advent wreath.  I'll do it before I eat my supper and then will eat by its candlelight.  I've been out all day so I've been unable to look to my Advent wreath; thankfully, before Mass this morning we lighted our church Advent wreath with a very lovely ceremony together as a community.  

O come, o come Emmanuel, and ransom captive Israel!  
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:44:54 PM by Therese » Logged

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 06:25:24 PM »

I recommend that you bookmark the Advent meditations.  That's what I do anyway.  God bless you!

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 08:06:16 PM »

What a pity!  The website that used to have Advent music does not have Advent music this year--not yet anyway!  Now I'll have to seek another website for my Advent music.  I'll have to buy an Advent CD for next year.  I know of a good place to buy it from.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 09:19:11 PM by Therese » Logged

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 08:44:08 PM »

Great!  I just found a list of Catholic Advent hymns on-line!  Too bad there are ads in between the hymns.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 09:03:42 PM by Therese » Logged

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 10:28:33 PM »

O come, o come Emmanuel, and ransom captive Israel! 

It is starting to feel like Christmas is coming..

Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 10:44:19 PM »

Thanks be to God, today I was able to obtain a CD of traditional Advent hymns!

I hope that you are all set, or nearly all set with your outdoor manger scene, Shin.  I would love it if you'd post a picture of it for us to appreciate and admire!  God bless you!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 03:52:01 AM »

Not finished yet. I was cutting out St. Joseph earlier tonight, after having finally fixed the jig saw enough for the work. Cheesy

Yes I would like to take a picture when it is done!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 07:02:52 AM »

Not finished yet. I was cutting out St. Joseph earlier tonight, after having finally fixed the jig saw enough for the work. Cheesy

Yes I would like to take a picture when it is done!

Great!  Cheesy

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 02:31:48 AM »

It's fun to do so far! With the jigsaw mostly fixed!

I am glad you are enjoying the traditional hymns!

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 01:16:57 PM »

It's fun to do so far! With the jigsaw mostly fixed!

I am glad you are enjoying the traditional hymns!

I can't wait to see your nativity scene!  Enjoy working on it and let us know when you are finished, okay?  The hymns are great!  God bless you!

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 06:31:36 PM »

The hymn Creator of the Stars of Night would make a wonderful Advent prayer.     
                  The hymn speaks of a Savior to set the people free.         
                    It is also mentioned that when the Lord Jesus came, he came not in splendor bright.
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 07:01:19 PM »

The hymn Creator of the Stars of Night would make a wonderful Advent prayer.     
                  The hymn speaks of a Savior to set the people free.         
                    It is also mentioned that when the Lord Jesus came, he came not in splendor bright.

I can't say that I am familiar with that hymn, CyrilSebastian.  Is it an old hymn or a new one?

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 02:13:09 PM »

I recommend that we all read the story of our Lord's Nativity in the Mystical City of God.  The Mystical City of God can be found on-line for those who do not have the book. 

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2015, 10:13:51 AM »

Wishing everybody a Merry Christmas!  

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2015, 12:34:59 AM »

Merrry Christmas!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2015, 11:35:58 AM »

Let's keep the joy of Christmas alive all throughout the Christmas season and New Year!  God bless you, Shin and all my SDF friends!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: A Blessed Advent « previous next »
Jump to: