Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:02:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: Maintenance on the Forums 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Maintenance on the Forums  (Read 1282 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 27, 2023, 01:40:47 AM »

Hello fellow Saints' Discussion Forum members

The forums for the website went down sometime yesterday. I spent some time this evening investigating the cause and communicating with the server adminstrator about it. With the help of the adminstrator the cause was found, and after some work the site has been restored.

I restored it to a day ago backup, so a small amount of posts and any private messages after that were lost, my apologies.

As I continue to investigate the cause of the crash, there is a possibility that it was due to some external attempt to damage the website.

I do not know if there was any breach of any information in the database, but I would like to pre-emptively caution members to take any security steps necessary if there was such a breach.

I recommend to all members the following minimum security steps:

1. Change your password to the forum. The password should be 14 characters or longer.
2. If you used your old password to the forum anywhere else, change the password that you used elsewhere as well.

My apologies for the difficulties.

Good evening and God bless us all I pray, and bless this forum and these websites.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023, 11:38:46 AM »

After consulting with the webserver administrator, he has found no indications of any malicious activity.

The forum's issue appears most likely to have been due to a disk read/writing error.

Therefore any potential security issues we conclude to be highly unlikely.

Apologies if there was any alarm. I like to be a bit over protective ahead of time in possible security incidents.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: Maintenance on the Forums « previous next »
Jump to: