Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:27:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Everything Else  |  Topic: Looking at the Heavens 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looking at the Heavens  (Read 3075 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 27, 2017, 08:03:24 PM »

Second day of walking around with the camera. And. . .

I dropped it!!!

. . .

I remember seeing a plastic part on the ground, a little bit away from me. . .

But all it was, was that the battery had popped out, it hadn't broken into fragments. I put it back together again. Everything worked but the focus. I took the lens off and put it on again, then it worked too. It appears all is well. Thanks be to God.

There was a beautiful cloud formation I saw out the window that I wanted to capture on camera. I hurried along. . . and by the time I got outside it was already blowing apart. I couldn't catch it. This is what I was able to afterwards.

'And I saw a great white throne, and one sitting upon it, from whose face the earth and heaven fled away, and there was no place found for them.'

Apocalypse 20:11  (St. John the Apostle, c. A.D. 6-100)

'Blessed the one who observes with spiritual understanding the choirs of stars shining with glory and the beauty of the heavens and longs to contemplate the Maker of all things.'

St. Ephrem of Syria (c. A.D. 306-373)

'No one will have any other desire in heaven than what God wills; and the desire of one will be the desire of all; and the desire of all and of each one will also be the desire of God.'

St. Anselm of Canterbury (c. A.D. 1033–1109)

'In this, a Christian consists, that he gets rid of the earthly and puts on the heavenly man.'

Pope St. Leo the Great (c. A.D. 400–461)

'And God called the firmament, Heaven: and there was evening & morning that made the second day.'

Genesis 1:8 (Moses, c. ????-???? B.C.)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 08:21:58 PM by Shin » Logged

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 03:01:16 AM »

Some more fine sights. . .

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Everything Else  |  Topic: Looking at the Heavens « previous next »
Jump to: