Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:14:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Everything Else  |  Topic: Visitors to the Garden 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Visitors to the Garden  (Read 2391 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: August 06, 2017, 09:22:49 PM »

'I said: I will water my garden of plants, and I will water abundantly the fruits of my meadow.'

Ecclesiasticus 24:42

'And our Lord will give thee rest always, and will fill thy soul with brightness, and deliver thy bones, and thou shalt be as a watered garden, and as a fountain of waters, whose waters shall not fail.'

Isaias 58:11
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 06:22:17 PM by Shin » Logged

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 03:18:22 PM »

Some visitors from this morning.  Cheesy

'"One day in spring," he said, "I was going to see a sick person; the bushes were full of little birds that were singing with all their might. I took pleasure in listening to them, and I said to myself, 'Poor little birds, you know not what you are doing! What a pity that is! You are singing the praises of God.'"'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 06:21:16 PM »

'A Christian who is pure is upon earth like a bird that is kept fastened down by a string. Poor little bird! it only waits for the moment when the string is cut to fly away. Good Christians are like those birds that have large wings and small feet, and which never light upon the ground, because they could not rise again and would be caught. They make their nests, too, upon the points of rocks, on the roofs of houses, in high places. So the Christian ought to be always on the heights. As soon as we lower our thoughts towards the earth, we are taken captive.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Selections - Sparrows

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 06:11:36 AM »

This year is like the previous, everyone is visiting the garden again. Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Everything Else  |  Topic: Visitors to the Garden « previous next »
Jump to: