Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:03:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Everything Else  |  Topic: Sunflower 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sunflower  (Read 3699 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: August 15, 2017, 06:27:26 PM »

The sunflowers follow the sun, and remind us to follow the Son of God.   flower

'A slight sabre-cut will separate my head from my body, like the spring flower which the Master of the garden gathers for His pleasure. We are all flowers planted on this earth, which God plucks in His own good time: some a little sooner, some a little later. Father and son may we meet in Paradise. I, poor little moth, go first. Adieu.'

St. Jean-Theophane Venard, from a letter to his father

'Let everything in creation draw you to God. Refresh your mind with some innocent recreation and needful rest, if it were only to saunter through the garden or the fields, listening to the sermon preached by the flowers, the trees, the meadows, the sun, the sky, and the whole universe. You will find that they exhort you to love and praise God; that they excite you to extol the greatness of the Sovereign Architect Who has given them their being.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 07:50:48 PM »

My friend Jamie has a few sunflowers growing in two different areas in front of her porch. She did not plant any sunflower seeds this year.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 12:49:09 AM »

That must look lovely!

Perhaps she likes to feed the birds?  Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 10:43:05 PM »

Yesterday I saw some sunflowers in full bloom. I have never seen them flower in October before.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 09:05:13 PM »

That's a happy surprise!  flower

My sunflowers are all done by now, I have harvested the seeds.

Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Everything Else  |  Topic: Sunflower « previous next »
Jump to: