Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:12:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: Site Busy Messages 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Site Busy Messages  (Read 5770 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: March 05, 2010, 11:28:28 AM »

If you receive a 'this site is too busy' message or something similar about a 'reset' while visiting the site in the next week, let me know.

Troubleshooting in progress!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 03:15:26 PM by Shin » Logged

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 08:24:45 PM »

I just haven't been able (message on browser-Safari-says "Safari couldn't connect") get on except at dinner hour. I can get onto every other site I've tried so I know it's not at this end. shrug

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 09:14:19 PM »

I've been able to be on the site for more than 5 sec! You must be doing something right. Wink

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 12:42:17 AM »

Had a spot of the problem again in the past half hour, talking to a technician about it.

But now it's time to hit the sack!

Step by step! Prayer by prayer!

God bless us and keep us and our homes.. Smiley

Amen!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 12:45:04 AM »

Yep, the last half hour I couldn't get on easily at all (or reply to anything), but since you're on it I don't feel worried. Smiley

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 05:18:35 PM »

Btw, just to let you know - I've experienced now no problems at all getting on the site. Whatever you did worked!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 06:29:10 PM »

Thanks for keeping me up to date! Smiley

So far, nothing has been done but talk to the techs! So the problem has either fixed itself or it will show up again.

It may be that an internet backbone was having trouble and not the site (that is a major provider on the way that many people use). We'll see.

When talking to the tech I have to catch the problem as it is actually happening as they say nothing is wrong on their end, so we have to catch it in the act, then I get in touch and we analyze and figure it out.  Cheesy

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 06:36:38 PM »

In the customer care center (cell phone troubleshooting), we would always say what the tech said to you, usually because of too much to do (downsizing). Well, since I can't get on the site (but I can to most all other sites during such a problem) I can't PM you about the problem, so I will use regular email to notify you and maybe it can be caught.

Someday, when you're not busy  Roll Eyes you can explain to me about the backbone of the internet vs. the ISP more. I'm somewhat dim, but curious.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 06:51:48 PM »

Glad you're on the lookout too!

A backbone is simply a big site like an ISP, but it doesn't have to be one, that provides computers that serve the Internet. To get from one computer to another on the Internet, we go through many computers, hop, hop, hop like a bunny.  tiny angel

If one of those places where you land during those 'hops' breaks down.. we can't get through.. Unless we hop on a different path through different computers. Which the computer programs know to do.

However sometimes there's a big backbone that goes down, that is a major thoroughfare for everyone to go through from one part of the country to the other. And then everybody gets rerouted along paths that can't handle so many people.

So everything slows down and you can't get to some places but you can get to others.

This is a possibility in this case.. Just that. Smiley Maybe, maybe not. We'll see.

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 07:48:03 PM »

Glad you're on the lookout too!

A backbone is simply a big site like an ISP, but it doesn't have to be one, that provides computers that serve the Internet. To get from one computer to another on the Internet, we go through many computers, hop, hop, hop like a bunny.  tiny angel

If one of those places where you land during those 'hops' breaks down.. we can't get through.. Unless we hop on a different path through different computers. Which the computer programs know to do.

However sometimes there's a big backbone that goes down, that is a major thoroughfare for everyone to go through from one part of the country to the other. And then everybody gets rerouted along paths that can't handle so many people.

So everything slows down and you can't get to some places but you can get to others.

This is a possibility in this case.. Just that. Smiley Maybe, maybe not. We'll see.

What a good explanation! Yes, that does sound like a possibility!

Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: Site Busy Messages « previous next »
Jump to: