Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:24:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: The Goodness of God 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Goodness of God  (Read 722 times)
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2023, 03:08:56 PM »

Psalm 27 Verse 3   
This I believe: I shall see the goodness of Yahweh, in the land of the living.     

tiphat tiphat tiphat tiphat tiphat tiphat tiphat tiphat tiphat tiphat tiphat tiphat
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 05:51:41 PM »

Psalm 33 Verse 5   
He loves uprightness and justice; the faithful love of Yahweh fills the earth.
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 06:21:33 PM »

Exodus Chapter 34 Verse 6     
Then Yahweh passed before him and called out, "Yahweh, Yahweh, God of tenderness and compassion,   
slow to anger, rich in faithful love and constancy."
eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 08:22:36 PM »

This is a great thread and I appreciate very much your effort, which I pray you will continue.  I'm struggling with myself to contribute Scripture here, but also struggling to understand Job, Lazarus, John the Baptist, the Jews dying in the desert, and other events of suffering that are considered to have been transcended by good consequences.
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 05:49:22 PM »

Nahum Chapter 1 Verse 7     
The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 03:48:10 PM »

James Chapter 1 Verse 17     
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from   
the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.   

:principalities: :principalities: :principalities: :principalities: :principalities: :principalities: :principalities: :principalities: :principalities: :principalities:
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2023, 05:58:25 PM »

Nehemiah Chapter 9 Verse 20   
You also gave your good Spirit to instruct them, and did not withhold   
your manna from their mouth, and gave them water for their thirst.
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2023, 06:09:05 PM »

Romans Chapter 8 Verse 28   
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2023, 08:44:11 PM »

Praise be to God. . .  crucifix

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2023, 09:10:41 PM »

It seems an amazing coincidence that I was just starting another of my efforts to read sequentially in St Thomas Aquina's Summa Theological just about the same time you were starting this thread.  I was struck that your title for the thread is exactly the title EB has used for Q6 of the first Part, The Treatise on God. (The Goodness of God.)
I've owned the Summa for just over 40 years, and I can't imagine a year has passed that I haven't started reading somewhere in it, usually many times a year.  But the structure and logic are difficult for me. and even though I think the effort to successfully use and express rationalism are very important to the Church, I often seek comfort in the doctrine that I should not be concerned with difficulties I think appear in Scripture or Church teachings, but rather to seek the preponderant teaching as it seems you are doing very successfully in this thread.
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2023, 06:35:43 PM »

Julian of Norwich   
The Goodness of God is the highest object of prayer and it reaches down to our lowest need.
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: The Goodness of God « previous next »
Jump to: