Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2020, 03:11:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Feast of St. Monica. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Feast of St. Monica.  (Read 2056 times)
martin
Established

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you' save souls.

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2010, 02:47:12 PM »

Son, nothing in this world now affords me delight. I do not know what there is now for me to do or why I am still here, all my hopes in this world being now fulfilled.

--Saint Monica, about the conversion of Saint Augustine of Hippo

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
(Galatians 2:20)
martin
Established

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you' save souls.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 02:55:53 PM »

What hope this great saint inspires for mothers who pray for the conversion of their family.
She, through her prayers not only converted her wayward son Augustine, but also her husband and other family members. Thanks to the prayers of St Monica, her son St Augustine has his own feast day tomorrow.

St Monica ora pro nobis.  cross prayer

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
(Galatians 2:20)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 05:15:58 PM »

St. Monica, ora pro nobis! Cheesy

Such a splendid mother!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 08:56:50 AM »

Son, as far as I am concerned, nothing in this life now gives me any pleasure. I do not know why I am still here, since I have no further hopes in this world. I did have one reason for wanting to live a little longer: to see you become a Catholic Christian before I died. God has lavished his gifts on me in that respect, for I know that you have even renounced earthly happiness to be his servant. So what am I doing here?

-- Saint Monica

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 07:43:12 PM »

It is interesting that in Milan Augustine came under the influence of the bishop, Saint Ambrose, who also became Monica's spiritual director.
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Feast of St. Monica. « previous next »
Jump to: