Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:33:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Prayer Requests  |  Topic: Prayer for safety from corona virus 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Prayer for safety from corona virus  (Read 3630 times)
eschator83

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2020, 10:38:44 AM »

I pray that all all who visit here will be safe from the corona virus.  We left New England 3/1 for vacation in SC.  Had surgery 3/17 in SC for bypass and heart valve, now wondering when to try coming home.
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 08:52:22 PM »

Are you driving to New England?
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 09:04:52 PM »

What a time for a vacation and surgery. It's good to hear from you! Sounds like you had a successful surgery at least?

That's a distance you've got to travel there. Well at least you're still in the USA.

If you're driving I don't know how difficult it will be to find places open to stop.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 12:47:56 PM »

Thanks for your cautions and concern.  The surgery apparently went well, although five bypasses and a new (pig) valve seems incredible.  The heart was pretty damaged from diet and heredity factors, but apparently long-time shoulder and thigh problems kept me alive.(moderated behavior).  I have to wait a couple weeks for Dr blessing, then decide about flight or drive home. 
Thanks to God, daughter, and wife for good care and a safe place here in SC.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 08:49:49 PM »

Heredity really is something you can't escape.

You've been through a lot! I am glad you have a good place to rest down there. It might even be a bit safer in the south with the warmer climate, there's some speculation that way that it's worse for the virus in a warmer climate.

Many prayers!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 11:14:00 AM »

Surely it is dreadful in the big cities, although it seems to me almost always dreadful in the cities.  It reminds me of Jesus' urging to escape to the mountains.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 10:06:12 PM »

Yes I had that thought too.

Hmm. If I think about it a bit more, many saints have fled from populated areas to live in the wilderness for various reasons.

eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 07:30:57 PM »

The frequent question: is Salvation most likely from faith/purity or charity/works/sacrifice?  It seems to me that Salvation is a Grace, and it is sad that so many would-be leaders try to tell us what God will do.  Are we better to stay in town to serve, or to flee from evil?  St Luke said (11:41) give alms and everything will be clean for you.
eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2020, 05:34:39 PM »

Heavenly Father, Divine Trinity,
May Your Holy Spirit
guide us to hope in and trust
Your Love, Your Providence,
Your Mercy, and Your Kingdom.
May we accept Your Will
and follow it hopefully.
Guide us to righteousness, fortitude,
Faith, dignity, and reason
especially as we seek to respond
to the corona virus threat.
We pray in Your Holy Name,
Father, Son, Spirit, Trinity.
eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2020, 05:46:57 PM »

My younger son has just been found to have the virus and I would be very grateful for your prayers.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2020, 05:56:52 PM »

He has my prayers eschator.

Kyrie eleison.  cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer

eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2020, 09:40:23 PM »

My son, his wife and daughter all had only mild symptoms and have now been released from quarantine.  Many thanks for your prayers.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2020, 05:18:30 AM »

Deo gratias et Mariae semper Virgini!

eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 05:06:26 PM »

My bride and I learned on New Year's eve we both have covid.  So far it isn't to bad, but it sure gets your attention.  We're both at home struggling to understand what we can and can't do.  May we once again ask for your prayers.  Wouldn't you think somewhere, someone would publish some sort of statistics about when serious symptoms begin to subside?
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2021, 07:56:58 PM »

My condolences eschator to you both.

I know some people are experiencing what is being called 'long haul' covid. How many I don't know.

May the Lord help you and help us all. Kyrie eleison.

cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 08:15:13 PM by Shin » Logged

eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2021, 04:02:21 PM »

May God bless you, thanks for encouragement.  It leaves us feeling pretty weak, and of course worrying that something may go wrong in our breathing.  At night I find myself wondering when I was first exposed, and thus how long I've been infected and mostly if it should now be getting better (weaker).
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Prayer Requests  |  Topic: Prayer for safety from corona virus « previous next »
Jump to: