Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2021, 05:47:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Book Study  |  Topic: Redemption through Christ alone from the Fountain of Catholic Wisdom 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Redemption through Christ alone from the Fountain of Catholic Wisdom  (Read 123 times)
Benedict

Patron Saint Benedict

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2020, 06:00:19 PM »

Out of my love for you all and the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church and the True Faith that She preserves I will transcribe chapters for you from my newly acquired Fountain of Catholic Wisdom
REDEMPTION THROUGH CHRIST ALONE
Again, it is said that the Church ignores our Saviour and depreciates the work of the Redemption, and robs the Atonement of its all-sufficient value. The accusation is utterly false, unjust and calumnious.
The Catholic Church teaches that Christ is the Incarnate Son of God, that He is the Redeemer and Saviour and Teacher of mankind, that He is very God and very Man, having one divine personality,
"that He is our only Mediator of Redemption, that there is no salvation in any other name under Heaven given to men whereby they can be saved."
She teaches that one drop of the blood of Christ would have been sufficient to redeem ten thousand guilty worlds, and that in shedding His Blood for us He purchased us with a great price;
that blood shed on Calvary ascended up through all the ages to the very gates of Paradise in its power, and that it in principle and potency washed away the guilt of all the ages;
[She teaches] that no child of Adam ever entered Heaven or can enter Heaven save through the merits of the Atonement of Christ. All her prayers are offered up in the name of Christ Jesus, and her children bow the head in loving reverence and adoration at the very sound of that name, thus carrying out in spirit the worlds of Saint Paul, that in the name of Jesus every knee shall bend, of those that are in Heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that the Lord Jesus is the glory of the Father; and they believe the same Apostle that "neither death, nor life nor angels nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor might, nor height, nor depths , nor any other creature shall separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus Our Lord" (Romans 8:38,39).
She at all times defended the Divinity of Christ against unbelievers. For three hundred years she defined the Divinity of Christ against the Arians. She assembled councils and condemned their destructive heresy. She endured the anger of kings and empowered in defense of this fundamental doctrine of Christian faith, and her bishops, priests and children suffered persecution, exile and death to uphold it. And yet we are confidently and impudently but most falsely told that the Church ignores Christ and His Redemption.
Millions of her children, bishops, priests, monks, and nuns have consecrated themselves to lives of voluntary poverty, chastity, and obedience in imitation of Christ their Redeemer, and for His dear sake have given up the world and its pleasures, allurements, and seductions to consecrate themselves to the service of the poor, the ignorant, the sick, the suffering, and the afflicted. The Catholic Church opposed to Christ?! Why, if it were not for her it is most doubtful if Faith in Christ would exist in any corner of the earth today.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 07:59:43 PM by Benedict » Logged

PAX
CRUX SANCTI PATRIS BENEDICTI
CRUX SACRA SIT MIHI LUX!
NON DRACO SIT MIHI DUX!
VADE RETRO SATANA!
NUMQUAM SUADE MIHI VANA!
SUNT MALA QUAE LIBAS
IPSE VENENA BIBAS!
All Glory Be To God!
All Praise Be To God!
For God Is Greater Than All Things!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 05:11:00 PM »

Have you noticed that this post is currently the fourth listing in the Bing search for Fountain of Catholic Wisdom?  I must admit I enjoy searching myself (Eschator83) but not too frequently.  I've been eagerly awaiting your next posts on the 11/6/20 Treasury of Wisdom as well as 8/17/20, St John's Fountain of Wisdom, I think.  Nearly 30 years ago I made a deck of about 150 cards of Jesus' teachings from the Gospels, from which I still read at least one card every day, and I wondered if you had found something like that.
eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 11:54:49 AM »

My card for today in my series Words of our Lord, just to give an example, is titled lust and shows three examples of Jesus' teaching: Mt 5.28 in the Sermon on the Mount, Mk 9'43 to Disciples at Capernaum, which curiously does not refer to the word lust specifically, and to a repetition by Mt at 18:9 which refers only to the eye.
As I reviewed the card I thought immediately of your comments for the chance of salvation for lay people, and whether this teaching on the danger of lust was a type of mystical paradox.  My most recent thought was of Shin's wonderful quote for today from St Peter of Alcantara that God loves those who do their best, even if that is very little (I'm thinking if we try hard, and repent when we fail, there is reason for hope.) 
Another frequent thought from this card is the frequency that Luke ignores (omits, forgets?) teachings in both Mt and Mk.  I have 46 cards where the three Synotic Gospels are at least somewhat similar, but another 8 which have similarity in MT and Mk only without mention in Lk.  Do you ever wonder along these lines?
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Book Study  |  Topic: Redemption through Christ alone from the Fountain of Catholic Wisdom « previous next »
Jump to: