Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:40:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day: Winter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day: Winter  (Read 2356 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: March 12, 2010, 08:29:45 PM »

'Your soul needs a brief winter. The winter purifies the air and the earth of foul vapors; it even invigorates the human body. If it strips the trees of their leaves, it is only to the end that they take deeper roots. The spring comes afterwards, and clothes them again with verdure and blossoms.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 08:37:57 PM »

I went through a winter experience a year and a half ago and it did make my roots grow in in deeper.  I learned how God is very far beyond my comprehension, but still to be trusted.  After all, who else can be trusted like the Lord?  Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day: Winter « previous next »
Jump to: