Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:34:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: St Ignatius of Loyola 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: St Ignatius of Loyola  (Read 827 times)
eschator83

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2021, 10:42:07 AM »

I found in these Forums several dozen references, mostly quotations, for the founder of the Jesuits, but not a life summary.  I wonder if I'm searching as ineffectively as I am in using the quote feature?  Ignatius' Spiritual Exercises seem a must for everyone, as is reading his struggle to recover his dreadful wounds.  He persisted through poverty, academic struggles, even being twice jailed (Foley mentions but doesn't explain) yet the Society of Jesus was approved by Pope Paul III in 1538.  St Ignatius, please pray for us.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 10:09:38 AM by eschator83 » Logged
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 07:46:39 PM »

His father had Ignatius tonsured in anticipation of the possibility of his following a clerical career. Ignatius was seven years old.
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 06:46:57 PM »

Ignatius became a page in the service of a relative, Juan Velazquez de Cuellar, treasurer of the kingdom of Castile.
Benedict

Patron Saint Benedict

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 02:47:23 PM »

Saint Ignatius of Loyola
Meditation on the Reign of Christ
"The King of kings, Jesus Christ, and the enterprise which brought Him from heaven to earth.
Son of God, Creator and Savior of all mankind, King of the whole earth, He received all nations as His inheritance; He is the Way, the Truth and the Life, and no one arrives at the Father but through Hin; there is no salvation possible to mortals but in Him and through Him alone. Full of grace and truth, He unites in Himself all virtues, all perfections, divine and human. And this is the discourse He addresses to all those who have become His subjects in baptism and His soldiers by confirmation:
'My will, the most just of all wills, is from the height My Cross to draw all to Me; to enter into the possessions of My domain, the world; to subjugate all My enemies for their salvation; and as a peaceful Conqueror and Master, universally obeyed by all the earth, to introduce with Me into the glory of My Father all these men and women redeemed by My blood. Let those who would share My crown accompany Me, follow Me; their eternal reward will be proportionate to their labours and their efforts.'"

PAX
CRUX SANCTI PATRIS BENEDICTI
CRUX SACRA SIT MIHI LUX!
NON DRACO SIT MIHI DUX!
VADE RETRO SATANA!
NUMQUAM SUADE MIHI VANA!
SUNT MALA QUAE LIBAS
IPSE VENENA BIBAS!
All Glory Be To God!
All Praise Be To God!
For God Is Greater Than All Things!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Glory to Th
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: St Ignatius of Loyola « previous next »
Jump to: