Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:40:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Everything Else  |  Topic: Clouds and Daytime Moon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Clouds and Daytime Moon  (Read 1116 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: September 28, 2021, 03:57:36 AM »

'And his throne as the sun before me: and as the moon perfect for ever, and a faithful witness in heaven.'

Psalms 88:38

'The sun shall not burn thee by day: nor the moon by night. [7] The Lord keepeth thee from all evil: may the Lord keep thy soul.'

Psalms 120:6-7

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 06:41:42 AM »

Eschator my friend, how do you like these clouds? Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 12:20:21 PM »

I love the wonderful sense of peace, order, tranquility from them.  Here in the mountains I often find myself wondering about changes in the weather, thinking of storms, floods, etc., and sensing the inherent power of the wind and clouds.  God is of course creator and controller of all things, and He saw all of His Creation as good.  Our last cloud pictures were at an air show (Thunderbirds), taken from across a wide river, filled with majestic clouds, screaming planes, and many boats loaded with people.
I find myself struggling to imagine how the these contrasts can both be from God.  Ironically, before coming to the computer a minute ago I had just closed my book This is Our Faith by Michael Pennock, after struggling with his reflection: Our minds can never grasp the mystery of God.  We can never explain three Divine Persons in one Divine Nature.   Please pray for me.  For us all.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 01:32:53 PM »

I saw some magnificent towering white clouds on the horizon on the way back from the dentist's today my friend. I thought you would quite appreciate them in the gray sky, towering over the hills in the distance!

Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Everything Else  |  Topic: Clouds and Daytime Moon « previous next »
Jump to: