Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:48:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Catholic General Discussion  |  Topic: Holy Roman Empire 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Holy Roman Empire  (Read 14363 times)
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2023, 06:47:09 PM »

Holy Roman Emperor Otto III sought to reestablish Imperial control over the city of Rome and through it the papacy.
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2023, 06:14:07 PM »

Although raised in his uncle King Philip II of Spain's Catholic court in Spain, Holy Roman Emperor Rudolph II   
was tolerant of Protestantism and other religions including Judaism.
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2023, 07:54:01 PM »

Matthias was Holy Roman Emperor from 1612 to 1619.   
He was not very interested in art. Most court artists soon turned their backs on his court.
eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2023, 04:00:57 PM »

I must thank you again for this thread.  Almost every time you post I go back through and reread many of these.  Several times I have rewritten your comments onto a chronological list, but I can't seem to remember how to use a split screen so I can avoid copying manually first and then revising my chronological list.  Today I reviewed again the Library Thing program to see what books it has listed on the HRE.  It is very sad how few books there are and how sparse the readership.  But then I wonder whether we should really make great effort to learn from history, or to concentrate on following and accepting God's Will, or can we do both?  I'm trying to do both but struggling to understand the lessons of history.  As our Lord Jesus Christ told us, evil will always oppose the Light and Truth of Christianity.  We must learn to oppose evil more effectively.
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2023, 07:16:22 PM »

I must thank you again for this thread.  Almost every time you post I go back through and reread many of these.  Several times I have rewritten your comments onto a chronological list, but I can't seem to remember how to use a split screen so I can avoid copying manually first and then revising my chronological list.  Today I reviewed again the Library Thing program to see what books it has listed on the HRE.  It is very sad how few books there are and how sparse the readership.  But then I wonder whether we should really make great effort to learn from history, or to concentrate on following and accepting God's Will, or can we do both?  I'm trying to do both but struggling to understand the lessons of history.  As our Lord Jesus Christ told us, evil will always oppose the Light and Truth of Christianity.  We must learn to oppose evil more effectively.

eschator, I am glad that you like the Holy Roman Empire.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Catholic General Discussion  |  Topic: Holy Roman Empire « previous next »
Jump to: