Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:50:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: St Andrew Corsini 1302-1373 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: St Andrew Corsini 1302-1373  (Read 753 times)
eschator83

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2022, 12:15:08 PM »

My Catholic Devotion Library reports Andrew's youth was spent with hoodlums and troublemakers, with Andrew as ringleader.  Miraculously, he stopped at Church late one night and abruptly resolved to seek Carmelite priesthood, and after ordination and four years education in Paris, he was chosen Prior of his monastery and later Bishop of Fiesole.  The Library reports "Andrew dedicated himself to becoming holy.  He saw no visions, suffered no persecutions, and was never asked to be a martyr.  He simply set about the task of accepting every job, every complaint, and every irksome problem of each day, and consecrating them to God with all the love and energy he had once wasted."
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 06:33:09 PM »

Fiesole is a town in central Italy, in Tuscany near Florence.
eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 11:32:38 PM »

My 1955 Catholic Book Publishing edition tells that St Andrew's mother dreamed shortly before his birth that she gave birth to a wolf, which became a lamb upon entering a Carmelite Church.  What a wonderful foreshadowing of the future.  He gained a great reputation as a peacemaker.  St Andrew pray for us.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 11:45:59 PM »

This is good to hear of, I had not heard of this before. It reminds me of St. Dominic's mother's dream, which you might have heard of.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 09:08:00 AM »

I've enjoyed trying to recall Bl Ava having a dream I imagine somewhat similar, and then wondering which of my books I mind find it in.  Then I proceeded to wonder about asking a question to find it on the web, and whether this new application CHAT??? would answer?  But maybe I'll just wait a bit to see who else will comment, especially if anyone is using the new AI (and if you have to pay for it?).
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: St Andrew Corsini 1302-1373 « previous next »
Jump to: