Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:31:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day: Struggles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day: Struggles  (Read 4141 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: March 26, 2010, 09:35:05 AM »

'We cannot be saved without a struggle, for this life is a continual warfare. But be of good courage, do not be disheartened or troubled about your faults, but always try to draw from them a love of abjection, which must never for a moment be absent from your heart.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 08:13:26 AM »

That's a great quote!

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 12:13:51 PM »

If the Lord has permitted you to have some trial, bear it willingly and with gratitude, considering that it has happened for your good and that perhaps you well deserved it. If the Lord bestows upon you any kind of prosperity, thank him humbly and see that you become no worse for it, either through vain pride or anything else, because you ought not to oppose God or offend him in the matter of his gifts.

-- Saint Louis IX from a spiritual testament to his son

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
Bailey2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 05:19:24 PM »

"When you fail through cowardice or infidelity, be not disturbed, make no reflection; humble yourself in meekness and confusion before God, and then lose no time in rising up again by an act of courage and holy indifference."  St Jane Francis de Chantal
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 05:23:17 PM »

St. Jane Francis de Chantal is such a sweetie. She and St. Francis de Sales are just perfect together. Smiley

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Bailey2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 05:35:47 PM »

She is one of my favorite saints as is Elizabeth Seton........ Louise de Marillac is the patron saint of social workers, by the way.   Grin  She and St. Vincent de Paul worked well together too.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 06:21:33 PM »

She is one of my favorite saints as is Elizabeth Seton........ Louise de Marillac is the patron saint of social workers, by the way.   Grin  She and St. Vincent de Paul worked well together too.

I didn't know this! St. Louise de Marillac! I will have to find out more about her!

Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day: Struggles « previous next »
Jump to: