Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:57:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Everything Else  |  Topic: Suggestion Box 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Suggestion Box  (Read 15507 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: January 24, 2010, 08:33:37 AM »

If you have any suggestions for improvements to the Saints' Discussion forums, you may PM/email them, or you may post them here for discussion. Smiley

I look forwards to any ideas or suggestions.

Some additional boards have been suggested. I am trying to keep them down a wee bit as too many boards can be confusing and actually may cause for less conversation as people do not take the time to view every little sub-category, especially in the beginnings of the forums.

Still, I am open to suggestions on further or re-organization of what we have. If you're happy and comfortable with the current design, feel free to say so too!

Your particular suggestion may or may not be taken up -- but all suggestions are welcome, and will help the forums grow and foster good ideas for their present and future.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 08:04:58 PM »

I have some requests as far as smileys, (when you can get to them). A praying one, one crossing itself, a bowing and a curtseying one, a dancing one and a clapping one. Please?

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 12:31:22 AM »

Okay, I have a song and dance routine uploaded. . .

But I don't have all your requests. Smiley If you find them, point me towards them and I will add them.

I think in the meantime there should be enough critters to make people happy.

Go on check the 'more' button' and see!

rejoice tiny angel cross prayer  angel bell cross prayer tiny angel rejoice

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Bailey2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 11:12:29 AM »

If you have any suggestions for improvements to the Saints' Discussion forums, you may PM/email them, or you may post them here for discussion. Smiley

Some additional boards have been suggested. I am trying to keep them down a wee bit as too many boards can be confusing and actually may cause for less conversation as people do not take the time to view every little sub-category, especially in the beginnings of the forums.

Still, I am open to suggestions on further or re-organization of what we have. If you're happy and comfortable with the current design, feel free to say so too!

Your particular suggestion may or may not be taken up -- but all suggestions are welcome, and will help the forums grow and foster good ideas for their present and future.

We all have our favorite Saints.  How about each of us giving the rest of us little biographical tid-bits, especially those not generally known.  for example, I know that Elizabeth Seton once contemplated suicide and later gave advice to an acquaintance in the same boat she was it.....
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 10:21:16 PM »

We all have our favorite Saints.  How about each of us giving the rest of us little biographical tid-bits, especially those not generally known.  for example, I know that Elizabeth Seton once contemplated suicide and later gave advice to an acquaintance in the same boat she was it.....

That's an interesting idea!

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 08:11:16 PM »

Our Lady to Ven. Mary of Agreda, Mystical City of God, Vol. III, 143

This passage has a typo in it: the word they instead of thy.

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 08:15:02 PM »

Our Lady to Ven. Mary of Agreda, Mystical City of God, Vol. III, 161

Has a typo: the word relieved instead of relieve.

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 08:22:15 PM »

Our Lady to Ven. Mary of Agreda, Mystical City of God, Vol. III, 197

Typo: I think the word "a" might be missing in a sentence.

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 08:30:06 PM »

Our Lady to Ven. Mary of Agreda, Mystical City of God, Vol. III, 207

Quoted twice.

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 08:43:21 PM »

'Her [Blessed Mary's] prayers were so ardent, that She shed tears of blood in weeping over the sins of men.'

Ven. Mary of Agreda, Mystical City of God, Vol. III, 255

Quoted twice.

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 08:44:32 PM »

'As soon as the great Lady understood that our Redeemer was on the way to the desert to fulfil his intention, She locked the doors of her dwelling, without letting anyone know of her presence; and her retirement during the time of our Lord's fast was so complete, that her neighbors thought that She left with her divine Son. She entered in her oratory and remained there for forty days and nights without ever leaving it and without eating anything, just as She knew was done by her most holy Son. She entered into the oratory and remained there for forty days and nights without ever leaving it and without eating anything, just as She knew was done by her most holy Son. Both of them observed the same course of rigorous fasting. In all his prayers and exercises, his prostrations and genuflections She followed our Savior, not omitting any of them; moreover She performed them just at the same time; for, leaving aside all other occupations, She thus profited by the information obtained from the angels and by that other knowledge, which I have already described. Whether He was present or not, She knew the interior operations of the soul of Christ. All his bodily movements, which She had been wont to perceive with her own senses, She now knew by intellectual vision or through her holy angels.'

Ven. Mary of Agreda, Mystical City of God, Vol. III, 279

Typo:  a sentence repeated.

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 08:54:40 PM »

'I will give thee two important lessons deducted from this chapter. First, love solitude and seek it with particular affection in order that thou mayest partake of the blessings promised and merited by my divine Son for those who imitate Him therein. As far as possible, when thou art not obliged to converse with thy neighbor in virtue of obedience always try to be alone; and when thou art obliged to come out of thy retirement and solitude, carry it with thee in the secret of thy heart in such a manner that thy senses and thy occupations shall not deprive thee of it. Attend to they outward employments as if they were to be done only in passing, and consider thy retirement as something which is to be permanent; for this purpose thou must not allow the images of creatures to enter thy mind, for, very often, they occupy the mind more completely than the objects themselves, and they always embarrass the soul and take away from it the liberty of the heart. It is unworthy of thee to let thy heart be interested in anything or be taken up by any creature. My divine Son wishes to be in it all alone and this is also what I desire. My second lesson is that thou learn to set a proper value on thy soul, in order to preserve it in its purity and innocence. Over and above this, however, although it is my will that thou labor for the justification of all men, I wish that thou, in imitation of my Son and of me, busy thyself especially with the poor and despised of this world. These little ones often beg for the bread of counsel and instruction (Thren. 4, 4), and they find none to give it to them, as do the rich and powerful of the earth who have many to advise them. Of these poor and despised ones many come to thee; admit them with true compassion; console them kindly, so that, in their simplicity, they may follow enlightened counsel; for counsel is to be instructed to the better instructed in a different way. Seek to gain those souls, who, on account of their temporal necessities, are so much the more precious in the eyes of God; I wish that thou labor incessantly, that they and all others may not waste the fruit of Redemption; nor do thou ever rest from this labor; be ready even to die, if necessary, to advance this enterprise.'

Typo:  the word they instead of thy

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 09:22:15 PM »

All corrected that needed it as far as I can see, thank you Therese!

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 10:03:50 PM »

You're welcome, Shin!  You know, I used ellipses throughout MCG without placing them in brackets where they should belong, seeing the ellipses were added to the text by me and were not part of the original text.  Perhaps all the ellipses should be corrected too by having them set in brackets.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2016, 10:11:03 PM »

Could you cite me an example of this?

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2016, 10:18:22 PM »

Here is one example:

'Before all see that thou keep in subjection thy flesh and the influences of the world. Mortifying thy flesh and flying the world by retiring from creatures to the interior of thy soul, thus conquering both these enemies and preserving the blessed light of grace, which thou there receivest, and loving nothing except in as far as well ordered charity permits....Consent not to any movement of thy appetites, no matter in how small a matter; and allow thy senses no liberty, except for the exaltation of the Most High, or for suffering or for doing something for the benefit and love of thy neighbor....Arm thyself with living faith, unwavering hope and love of humility, for these are the virtues by which the dragon is crushed and vanquished and against which he dares not make a stand. He flies from them because they are powerful weapons against his pride and arrogance.'

Our Lady to Ven. Mary of Agreda, Mystical City of God, Vol. III, 297

The ellipses should be in brackets because they are not part of the book's original text but were added by me.  Good night!  Time for me to get some sleep.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Everything Else  |  Topic: Suggestion Box « previous next »
Jump to: