Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 05, 2020, 01:52:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Out of bad, good 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Out of bad, good  (Read 3200 times)
Bailey2

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2010, 10:18:42 AM »

"Whatever good or evil befalls you, be confident that God will convert it all to your good."  St. Francis de Sales

What do you thing....... and you silent 30 also.   Grin
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 08:28:41 PM »

Its very difficult to be positive when bad events befall you, but then confidence in God  you carries you forward, even if it is like walking blindfolded sometimes.   Bailey, you've probably heard of 'Footsteps in the sand'

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
Bailey2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 08:48:54 PM »

Yes, that is one of my favorites actually.

What I liked about this is that it is not our own efforts alone that make good come out of bad; though of course we have to work at it too.  I don't know about you but for me, I work at it, feel I am getting there and feel good, then for some reason I look back and bam, right back into the bad.  I think it is like that phrase of Jesus about when you put your hand to the plow, don't look back!

Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 09:59:16 AM »

I think it is like that phrase of Jesus about when you put your hand to the plow, don't look back!

Yes, pray as if everything depended on God, then put in your best work and pray again for the best results to your hard work. Smiley And keep walking.

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
Bailey2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 11:02:32 AM »

Hmm, what you said mirrors this:

"Keep well to the grace of the moment...... do your best and leave the rest to God."  Elizabeth Seton
(my sp dir gave me a card with this on it-----d'ya think he was directing me, the perfectionist and worrier?)   Roll Eyes
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 07:51:52 AM »

"Keep well to the grace of the moment...... do your best and leave the rest to God."  Elizabeth Seton
(my sp dir gave me a card with this on it-----d'ya think he was directing me, the perfectionist and worrier?)   Roll Eyes

Perfectionist and worrier? Give me that quote!  Embarrassed  Grin

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 02:23:52 PM »

Perfectionist and worrier? Give me that quote!  Embarrassed  Grin

Me, too!

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 01:34:48 PM »

"Whatever good or evil befalls you, be confident that God will convert it all to your good."  St. Francis de Sales

What do you thing....... and you silent 30 also.   Grin

It really makes me feel at peace to try to embrace this teaching.

It reminds me of how I became more accepting of Hell through embracing the idea of both justice and justice upon myself for the sake of God.. a gift I treasure.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Out of bad, good « previous next »
Jump to: