Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:56:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: Welcome to the Saints' Discussion Forums 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Welcome to the Saints' Discussion Forums  (Read 72973 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 06:09:52 PM »

Welcome Ockham! Try out the Introduction and Stop by for Coffee threads if you can! You're very welcome!

Yes, I sympathize! Haha.

Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Cat Herder

Ora et Labora

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 12:06:02 AM »

I'm another CA Forum member coming over to this forum. Thanks to those of you who recommended this forum over on CAF.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 12:11:58 AM »

Welcome Cat Herder!

It's good to see you here!  Cheesy

I pray you have a good time! And sit down for a cup of tea or coffee if it's to your pleasure!

:teaandcoffee:

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Ockham

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 10:38:50 AM »

Thank you for all the warm wishes.  It will be nice to participate in a chatroom again.

I realize they are both privately owned, but I am disappointed with both CA and Fisheaters.  They have so much potential and yet, seem not to be living up to it (in my humble opinion of course).  The three information pages on FE are outstanding and helped me immensely while "converting" to traditionalism, however, their forum can get very meanspirited.  At least they are honest and upfront about their bias though.  Conversely, the Traditional Catholic forum on CAF is obviously a subversive means of subduing the momentum traditionalism has gained in the past few years.  It's like they just want to lump all those trouble making traditionals in one place, heavily moderate them while giving free reign to certain progresives who can attack with impunity.  In my two years there I can't think of one progressive who got banned in the Traditional forum yet the list of banned traditionals is quite long (and probably distinguished).  By their fruits you shall know them.  Perhaps I should petition to have the word "Catholic" removed from their title just as hospitals and universities who conspire against the faith are required to.

Well, that was quite the rant.  Please forgive me...it's been bottled up for quite some time now.  I won't speak of them again.

I would like to spend some time reading through this site before actively chatting with anyone.  In the meantime, I hope your Lenten preparations are going well and may God bless you all.
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2011, 10:39:21 AM »

Welcome Ockham, Cat herder and everyone coming over the forum!

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2011, 11:33:43 AM »

I have not been in CA or FE, but the other places I went to I did get the cold shoulder from some of our own Catholic brothers.  Especially when I was talking about the Fatima message and a certain traditionalist priest, I was actually asked to stop talking about it by some Catholic brethren and there was even a stalker who replied to all my posts in a very negative way.  Bad experiences, but I'm finally  happy here at Saintsforum. I found my home. Cheesy

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2011, 06:28:30 PM »

I welcome you both to our family.

I would need to agree that some of the posts and moderation on both CAF and FE were not as I would have wished. That said, I did learn some at both the sites, but am much happier here. The support here is something I have learned to appreciate so very much and the love that comes from our family is precious.

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
martin
Established

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you' save souls.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2011, 07:11:25 PM »

Welcome Ockham.  Welcome Cat herder.
Delighted you' found your way over here. A nice little refuge I think you'll find from the non-stop tit for tat exchanges found on so many forums now.
Most of us here are refugees  Cheesy

Getting holy is what it's all about and you can actually aspire to this here with the help of the saints and with a lot less stress and plenty of support too.
Stay around here folks and you'll find this to be true.

Again, A big welcome to you both.  angel bell

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
(Galatians 2:20)
Black Knight

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2011, 03:03:13 AM »

crucifix I'm here now, and yes you can also find me with this same name on CAF. Smiley

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

You can just call me...

Blackie

Seeing the future
    Knowing the truth in my soul
    I rise to battle
    A black knight on a new quest
    Servant of the King of Kings
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2011, 08:45:12 AM »

Welcome Black Knight !
Karibu!  big grin
You might have to google that one. Smiley

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
Inspirational Quotes from the saints:
'If men but knew Thee, O my God!'
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
 O Beauty ever ancient, ever new,
 late have I loved Thee!......”
St. Augustine of Hippo
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2011, 05:02:53 PM »

Welcome and blessings of Our Blessed Virgin Mary on you.

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
martin
Established

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you' save souls.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2011, 07:49:23 PM »

Welcome Black Knight.  angel bell
Good to have you here and joining in the discussions.
As you probably see, it's not as hectic here as in CAF but the change of pace can be beneficial we find.

Look forward to hearing more from you. In the meantime, make yourself at home.  teapot

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
(Galatians 2:20)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2011, 10:12:06 PM »

Welcome Black Knight! Welcome!

Have a great time here.. we're quite a different forum than the others.. I pray you enjoy our modest virtues, so to speak, and devotion to the saints!

If you like, join one of the introduction threads and tell us a little more about yourself! Cheesy

angel blue May the saints and angels and ministers of grace have mercy on us, and God rest the holy souls!  angel blue

CatholicFireman

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2011, 09:08:10 AM »

Hello all.  My friend, James O.P. told me about this site.  I look forward to meeting good people and sharing spirituality with them.  Smiley

Pax†

"I am all thine, and all that I have is thine, O most loving Jesus, through Mary Thy most holy and Immaculate Mother."
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2011, 11:19:29 AM »

Hello Catholicfireman!  Welcome to the Saintsforum!  It is nice to meet a friend of James O.P.  flower

CatholicFireman

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2011, 01:31:26 PM »

Thank you!  Likewise!  Smiley

"I am all thine, and all that I have is thine, O most loving Jesus, through Mary Thy most holy and Immaculate Mother."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: Welcome to the Saints' Discussion Forums « previous next »
Jump to: