Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:51:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Submissions  |  Topic: Submissions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Submissions  (Read 14029 times)
martin
Established

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you' save souls.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 08:17:56 PM »

Re the duplicate post above. If you wish to delete it feel free. I  mistakenly hit the Enter key as I began typing  brick wall

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
(Galatians 2:20)
martin
Established

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you' save souls.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 10:42:18 AM »

I can't find the thread now but someone posted a link (think it was Shin) to a site called Audio Sancto (again I'm not 100% sure if that's the precise name) but it is full of the most instructive sermons I've ever heard. If you click on the "End Times" sectionthere is a sermon on ST Vincent Ferrer.
This is REMARKABLE !!
If anyone listens to it be interesting to hear some comments.

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
(Galatians 2:20)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 04:35:38 PM »

I can't find the thread now but someone posted a link (think it was Shin) to a site called Audio Sancto (again I'm not 100% sure if that's the precise name) but it is full of the most instructive sermons I've ever heard. If you click on the "End Times" sectionthere is a sermon on ST Vincent Ferrer.
This is REMARKABLE !!
If anyone listens to it be interesting to hear some comments.

Audio Sancto is indeed wonderful! I've downloaded all their sermons and just play them at times for hours for instruction while I type. Sensus Traditionis is wonderful too with all its sermons. With them you can get a more thorough Catholic education that you can't find elsewhere.

They've done me incalculable good!

Glad to find you found them!!!  cheers  soldier

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 10:20:09 AM »

Story of the man and the birds

Now the man to whom I'm going to introduce you was not a scrooge, he was a kind, decent, mostly good man.  But he just didn't believe the Jesus story, about God coming to Earth as  a man.
" I'm truly sorry to distress you," he told his wife, " but I'm not going with you to church this Christmas Eve."  He said he'd feel like a hypocrite.
     Shortly after the family drove away in the car, snow began to fall.  Minutes later he was startled by a thudding sound.  When he went to the front door to investigate, he found a flock of birds that had been caught in the storm and, in a desperate search for shelter, had tried to fly through his large landscape window.  Well, he couldn't let the poor creatures lie there and freeze, so he hoped to direct the birds to his barn for shelter.
     Quickly he tried shooing them into the barn by walking around them waving his arms.  Instead they scattered in every direction, except into the warm, lighted barn.  And then he realized that they were afraid of him.  He wished he could think of some way to let them know they could trust him.
     " If only I could be a bird,"  he thought to himself, " and mingle with them and speak their language.  Then I could tell them not to be afraid.  Then I could show them the way to the safe, warm barn.   But I would have to be one of them so they could see and hear and understand."   At that moment the church bells began to ring, peeling the glad tidings of Christmas.  The sound reached his ears above the sounds of the wind.  And he sank to his knees in the snow.

(Adapted from story shared by Paul Harvey)

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 01:56:22 PM »

I love that story - I heard it with an anthill, but the idea is just the same. I think I like this bird one better since I'm not an eight year-old boy (Grin).

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Submissions  |  Topic: Submissions « previous next »
Jump to: