Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:04:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: Green Scapular of the Immaculate Heart of Mary 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Green Scapular of the Immaculate Heart of Mary  (Read 4120 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: January 01, 2012, 02:22:18 AM »

Some pamphlets and a small booklet on the Green Scapular of the Immaculate Heart of Mary have been added to Saints' Works.

These are some papers that have been circulating for a good long time, and are splendid devotional reading, showing how a simple little scapular, and a short little prayer, can bring about tender devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and save souls.

The short and simple prayer to say:

Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death.

Unites all who pray it together, along with the Green Scapular, and united in that cause of devotion to Our Lady's heart, and the salvation of souls, a person thinks about how there is another branch of the tree of the Communion of Saints. It's very consoling to think of this small devotion uniting faithful souls throughout the world.

So, again and again, for the sake of love of the heart of Our Lady, and for the sake of salvation of souls:

Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 12:31:37 PM »

The Green Scapular is the story of Sister Justine Bisqueyburu. An orphanin early life. She was adopted by a wealthy relative who left her his fortune.Her greatest day of joy was the 27th of November 1839, when she enteredthe novitiate of the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul in Paris.Her sisters in religion are stationed in Maryland.

Ten years after the manifestation of the Miraculous Medal to Sister Catherine Laboure in 1830, the Blessed Virgin Mary entrusted the Green Scapular of the Immaculate Heart to Sister Justine Bisqueyburu.

The manner of using the Scapular was indicated by the Blessed Virgin .Since it is not the badge of a confraternity but simply a double imageattached to a single piece of cloth and suspended from a cord, investiture is not required. It suffices that it be blessed by a priest and worn by the one for whom it is intended. It may be placed in the clothing, on the bed, or simply in the room.

The only prayer is the inscription surrounding the heart on the reverse of the Scapular:

"Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death."

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
MidnightSun12

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 11:51:18 PM »

The manner of using the Scapular was indicated by the Blessed Virgin .Since it is not the badge of a confraternity but simply a double imageattached to a single piece of cloth and suspended from a cord, investiture is not required. It suffices that it be blessed by a priest and worn by the one for whom it is intended. It may be placed in the clothing, on the bed, or simply in the room.

The only prayer is the inscription surrounding the heart on the reverse of the Scapular:

"Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death."
In large part because of this thread, I had three green scapulars blessed this past week and have now given one to my grandmother, one to my mother, and one to my father to keep in their bedrooms or on their person.  I plan to pray this simple prayer three times a day: once for each of their intentions.

Both my mom and dad are long fallen away Catholics so I pray that our Holy Mother's intercession will be successful and God can work the same miracle in their lives that he had done for my resurgence to the faith.

Thank you for posting this, guys.  May God bless you and keep you! Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: Green Scapular of the Immaculate Heart of Mary « previous next »
Jump to: