Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:16:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Technical Support  |  Topic: Special Request for Help 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Special Request for Help  (Read 10477 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: March 22, 2013, 09:31:04 AM »

I would like to request folks to help test out the new update to Flores Ecclesia, the Saints' Calendar.

A monthly calendar is currently in testing.

When the testing and last pieces are finished it will be added to the front page of the website. All that is left now is to add the moveable feasts onto the calendar itself, and check for any problems.

Please go visit this link to see the monthly calendar test site.

And report back here whether you can click the arrows on the calendar to change the months and years, and whether all the days and calendar look properly in appearance to you.

If you have any problems with the calendar, please post and say what they are. Also please say what is the name of the web browser and/or device you are using when you encountered the problem.

Suggestions are welcome!

Thank you!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

~ Matthew 20: 28 ~

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 01:11:53 PM »

This is what it reads under Flores Eccesia - a calendar of saints: (3-&nbsp2013) I wasn't sure if you meant it to be like that?
Also, it's hard to read the bottom,(movable feasts), because of the back ground. And I didn't see any arrows  Huh? Nothing to click on. Sorry ! Cry

"O Holy Lord grant me the graces and helps I need to be faithful to all of the responsibilities and duties of my vocation and my state in life and in the faithful living of the true Spiritual Life. Amen."
~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 01:19:43 PM »

Thanks James! That was a surprising result! Looks like I'll have to do some more testing!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 01:22:59 PM »

The arrows should be on the upper right above the calendar. Looks like there's a problem with them showing up there for folks using phones, so I have to look into that now.

The &nbsp was very surprising, that should've not appeared. Let's see what I can do.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 01:25:49 PM »

How's it look now James? About the same?

I forget what type of phone are you using?

I'll take care of the Moveable Feasts on the bottom later, they're going to disappear from there entirely and only be on the calendar itself in the end.  Cheesy

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 01:28:55 PM »

Ah good! I have the same problems as you when I test it with my Nook. Now I can fix it without having to check back with you. The arrows are missing and the &nbsp is showing up incorrectly with it too.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 01:29:51 PM »

Hmm, it looks like I can see the arrows with the nook they're just too small and too colored like the rest of the screen. Very very faint.

I'll have to optimize this for handhelds too.

James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 02:30:03 PM »

Ah, sorry. I'm on an iPhone.
Ok ! The &nbsp is gone. That's good. And I just noticed the arrows. Yes, very faint indeed. I had to enlarge the screen to find them. And they work just fine.  thumbs up Other than that every thing else looks good.  Smiley

"O Holy Lord grant me the graces and helps I need to be faithful to all of the responsibilities and duties of my vocation and my state in life and in the faithful living of the true Spiritual Life. Amen."
~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 02:38:48 PM »

Ah, sorry. I'm on an iPhone.
Ok ! The &nbsp is gone. That's good. And I just noticed the arrows. Yes, very faint indeed. I had to enlarge the screen to find them. And they work just fine.  thumbs up Other than that every thing else looks good.  Smiley

That's good news. I can definitely make the buttons bigger and easier to see too. Cheesy

Thanks again James. A great help!

Hopefully some more folks'll jump in and report their results too.

James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 03:05:39 PM »

Your welcome Shin ! Glad to be of some help.  Grin

~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 01:55:21 PM »

No more arrows now just links.

Give it a try folks please!

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 03:28:08 PM »

The links seem to work well for me. The calendar is lovely!

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 03:29:58 PM »

Oh that's good! Thank you Brigid.

I was hoping it would work for your type of computer too! Cheesy

Prayers!  Grin

James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 04:36:40 PM »

All's working good Shin ! I think you've got it !!! kanpai

~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Technical Support  |  Topic: Special Request for Help « previous next »
Jump to: