Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:41:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Belle Fleur 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Belle Fleur  (Read 185991 times)
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2016, 07:12:29 PM »

{A} Iris Ascension Crown     
                         {B} A tall Bearded Iris that blooms in midseason.   
                         {C} After Christ's Ascension into Heaven, the Apostles and disciples returned to Jerusalem   
                               to await the fulfilment of Christ's promise to send the Holy Ghost.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2016, 11:45:07 PM »

{A} Lily of the Valley, Our Lady's Tears
{B} A low growing plant with little white bell-like flowers, it spreads underground through rizomes.
{C} St. Selina's Feast day's flower is Lily of the Valley, a flower that represents Our Lord and Our Lady.

'I AM the flower of the field, and the lily of the valley. As the lily among the Thorns, so is my love among the daughters. As the apple tree among trees of the woods, so is my beloved among the sons. Under his shadow, whom I desired, I sat: and his fruit was sweet unto my throat. He brought me into the wineceller, he hath ordered in me charity. Stay me up with flowers, compass me about with apples: because I languish with love.'

Canticles 2:1-5

Today the lily of the valley I planted before winter in the garden is blooming with little white bells for this holy day.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 13, 2016, 07:44:33 PM »

{A} Paradise Rose   
                      {B} An everblooming Hybrid Tea Rose which is pink.   
                      {C} Act of Consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary:   
                                 Mary O Virgin most holy, Above all Angels and Saints in paradise
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2016, 08:14:53 PM »

{A} Angel Face Rose   
{B} A floribunda rose with mauve-lavender, ruby flushed roses.               
{C} The oldest fresco in which an angel appears is the Annunciation scene (second century).     

littlewings tiny angel thrones angel yellow Seraphim
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2016, 08:47:48 PM »

Angel Face is an interesting rose.. I particularly like the parent 'Sterling Silver'' silvery glow that sometimes shows in it. A lavender coloured rose makes a person think of the humble violet, which represents widows.. but it's a rose..

It makes me want to take the roses in my yard and start seeing what the result is when they are crossed.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 03, 2016, 08:11:10 PM »

{A} Everlasting pea White Pearl   
                         {B} White Pearl is a herbaceous perennial with pure white flowers.     
                         {C } God's love is everlasting.         

harp happywave harp happywave harp happywave harp happywave harp happywave harp

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 10, 2016, 07:46:10 PM »

irishwisdom                            {A} Babylon Red Dahlia   
                            {B} A dahlia with dinner-plate blossoms of brilliant scarlet red.   
                            {C} Under Alexander the Great, Babylon flourished as a center of learning and commerce.   

irishwisdom irishwisdom irishwisdom irishwisdom irishwisdom irishwisdom irishwisdom irishwisdom irishwisdom irishwisdom irishwisdom irishwisdom irishwisdom irishwisdom irishwisdom
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 17, 2016, 08:02:11 PM »

{A} Rhododendron Blue Peter   
                    {B} Blue Peter has funnel-shaped violet flowers in early Summer.   
                      {C} Jesus gave Simon the name of Peter.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2016, 01:50:08 AM »

'And one strong Angel took up as it were a great millstone, and threw it into the sea, saying: With this violence shall Babylon that great city be thrown, and shall now be found no more at all.'

Apocalypse 18:21

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2016, 07:49:50 PM »

{A} Bishop of Leicester Dahlia   
                              {B} A dahlia with soft lavender blooms   
                              {C} St. Cyprian was Bishop of Leicester.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2016, 07:24:41 AM »

{A} Common Mallow
{B} Five petals of purple to pink over white, low growing, 4-24 inches tall, 1/2-1 1/2 inch leaves, slightly hairy stems. Fully grown leaves are circular with wavy margins and five to seven shallow lobes and have a crinkled appearance. Round flattened fruits appear after flowing. Leaves, stems, and immature seeds are nutritious and can be eaten. Has astringent, anti-inflammatory, and other medicinal qualities.
{C} St. Phocas the Gardener, the flower for his feast day.

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2016, 08:07:55 PM »

{A} Leptosperum scoparium (Martin's Tea Tree)        
              {B} double pink flowers on rounded evergreen shrub with needlelike foliage
              {C} Martin IV was Pope from 1281 to 1285.    

teapot teapot teapot teapot teapot teapot teapot teapot teapot teapot teapot teapot teapot teapot
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: July 07, 2016, 09:07:51 AM »

{A} Great Indian Cress, or Nasturtium
{B} Flowers from yellow to orange and red, large nearly circular leaves. Edible plant, often in salads.
{C} St. Felix, Bishop of Nantes, Confessor

Nasturtiums can bloom on the feast of St. Felix, who, during his reign as bishop, was famous for his zeal, his love of discipline and good order, his charity towards the poor, and his finishing the building of a magnificent cathedral. The lowly nasturtium blooms with rich hues, and feeds even the poorest with all its parts, and so is a very fitting flower for his feast day.

Felix in Latin means 'Happy' and happy indeed is St. Felix, and happy are those who follow in his footsteps and learn from him to blossom with virtue, like the lowly nasturtium.

The name nasturtium is said to come from the Latin for nasus and tortus, nasus meaning nose, and tortus meaning twist. 

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 10, 2016, 08:11:49 PM »

{A} Nasrcissus Sacramento   
                     {B} A daffodil flowering in the Spring   
                     {C} There are seven sacraments of the Catholic Church.
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 17, 2016, 08:09:40 PM »

{A} Verbascum Charles Harper   
                {B} Charles Harper is a perennial with large basal leaves and mauve-pink flowers.   
                {C} The feast of St. Charles Borromeo is kept on November 4.         

cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 24, 2016, 07:37:43 PM »

{A} Holy Toledo Rose   
                     {B} An apricot or apricot blend miniature rose   
                     {C} The Holy Name of Jesus represents the incarnation of God among men on earth.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Belle Fleur « previous next »
Jump to: