Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:14:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: Reminder: Lent 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Reminder: Lent  (Read 1625 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 09, 2020, 12:27:38 AM »

A reminder for Lent -- there are excellent books full of meditations for every day during Lent available on Saints' Books, and some previews of them in the meditations sections of Saints' Prayers.

Also, there are prayers of reparation detailed in a pamphlet on the Saints' Works site.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 12:56:22 PM »

Amen, many thanks, Shin, you keep us very busy.  These selections are wonderful devotions.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 04:12:27 PM »

Haha, you're welcome, thanks be to God.

The more we occupy ourselves with holy readings, study, and meditations and prayers the better!  Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 11:21:47 AM »

Amen.  During RCIA I put together several books of prayer: daily prayers, favorite prayers, and classic prayers.  I still read these almost every day. But later I found several Breviaries, and the Liturgy of Hours, which I also try to read daily.
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: Reminder: Lent « previous next »
Jump to: