Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:48:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: The Prayers of the Saints 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Prayers of the Saints  (Read 3080 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: January 11, 2010, 01:08:18 AM »

Prayer 'Most tender Jesus. . .'
by St. Thomas Aquinas

Most tender Jesus, may Thy most sacred Body and Blood be my soul's sweetness and delight, health and holiness in every temptation, joy and peace in every sorrow, light and strength in every word and work, and my last safeguard in death.

www.saintsprayers.net

There are so many beautiful prayers on Saints' Prayers.. that I could never tell how good they all, in this life or the next.

But here are a few that are especially touching and helpful.

A Prayer for Daily Neglects

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus, with all its love, all its sufferings and all its merits.

First, to expiate all the sins I have committed this day and during all my life.

Glory be. . .

Second, to purify the good I have done poorly this day and during all my life.

Glory be. . .

Third, to supply for the good I ought to have done, and that I have neglected this day and all my life.

Glory be. . .

A Poor Clare, who just died, appeared to her Abbess who was praying for her, and said to her: "I went straight to heaven, for, by means of this prayer, recited every evening, I paid all my debts."

I also recommend the practice of spreading ones arms in out as Christ on the Cross, and saying the Our Father, three times in honor of the Holy Trinity. This is especially good for a vigil, or rising in the middle of the night.

These are some prayers I have found most helpful.. along with such tremendous devotions as the Rosary, the Chaplet of St. Michael, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, the three Aves... and so many others.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
dj808

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 10:02:54 AM »

This poem/prayer credited to St. Thomas Aquinas exists in various forms about the internet. I’m not sure where I came by this one but it happened early in my conversion and I have been thankful in so many ways ever since that it did.

The title I found it under was “Ordering a Life Wisely” but it is so much more than that, almost a catalogue of the attributes that go into making a wise and good life. Many of them are human qualities that I could never have cited before having been exposed to the prayer.

Simply the best I've ever encountered.

dj

[edited for content - administrator]
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 11:03:32 PM by Shin » Logged

Simone Weil writes "One cannot love or help a person one refuses to listen to; one cannot redeem a world one doesn’t look at; one cannot serve a God one doesn’t engage with."
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: The Prayers of the Saints « previous next »
Jump to: