Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:36:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: St. Rose of Lima 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: St. Rose of Lima  (Read 3625 times)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2010, 04:31:39 PM »

Apart from the cross there is no other ladder by which we may get to heaven.

-Saint Rose of Lima

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 04:37:27 PM »

Apart from the cross there is no other ladder by which we may get to heaven.

-Saint Rose of Lima

Amen. Amen.  :'(  crucifix

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Bailey2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 06:30:14 PM »

it all depends on the disposition towards the cross, I would think, since we have no choice about that due to the human condition.
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 06:38:10 PM »

Well, as far as cognitive-behavioral therapists are concerned, we do have a choice. It is in the will. (Just ask Shin  Grin )

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 06:39:48 PM »

happy roll

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Bailey2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 06:40:35 PM »

rotfl
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 06:41:40 PM »

'Our Lord and Savior lifted up his voice and said with incomparable majesty: "Let all men know that grace comes after tribulation. Let them know that without the burden of afflictions it is impossible to reach the height of grace. Let them know that the gifts of grace increase as the struggles increase. Let men take care not to stray and be deceived. This is the only true stairway to paradise, and without the cross they can find no road to climb to heaven." When I heard these words, a strong force came upon me and seemed to place me in the middle of a street, so that I might say in a loud voice to people of every age, sex and status: "Hear, O people; hear, O nations. I am warning you about the commandment of Christ by using words that came from his own lips: We cannot obtain grace unless we suffer afflictions. We must heap trouble upon trouble to attain a deep appreciation in the divine nature, the glory of the sons of God and perfect happiness of soul." "If only mortals would learn how great it is to possess divine grace, how beautiful, how noble, how precious. How many riches it hides within itself, how many joys and delights! No one would complain about his cross or about troubles that may happen to him, if he would come to know the scales on which they are weighed when they are distributed to men."'

St. Rose of Lima

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 07:00:43 PM »

And he said to me: My grace is sufficient for thee; for power is made perfect in infirmity. Gladly therefore will I glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

2 Corinthians 12:9

Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: St. Rose of Lima « previous next »
Jump to: