Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 07:19:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 712456 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3024 on: April 12, 2024, 05:52:37 PM »

'Our labor here is brief, but the reward is eternal. Do not be disturbed by the clamor of the world, which passes like a shadow.'

St. Clare of Assisi

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3025 on: April 13, 2024, 11:52:59 PM »

'The mole is a blind rat, which always stays in the ground; it eats earth, and hollows it out, but is never satisfied with it: so is the avaricious man or woman.'

St. Philip Neri

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3026 on: April 14, 2024, 12:04:10 AM »

'Rejoice, O Virgin Mary! Rejoice a thousand times!'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3027 on: April 15, 2024, 09:10:24 PM »

'It is necessary for me to meet abnegation and sacrifice in everything. We cannot accomplish any good while we indulge in self-seeking.'

St. Therese of Lisieux

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3028 on: April 16, 2024, 11:36:04 PM »

'A soul filled with thoughts of sensual desire and hatred is unpurified.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3029 on: April 17, 2024, 12:49:28 AM »

'A man who is carried away by his thoughts is blinded by them; and while he can see the actual working of sin, he cannot see its causes.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3030 on: April 18, 2024, 12:10:45 AM »

'To cling always to God and to the things of God - this must be our major effort, this must be the road that the heart follows unswervingly.'

St. John Cassian

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3031 on: April 19, 2024, 12:24:09 AM »

'Leave your soul free to take her flight to the Sovereign Good as God shall guide her.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3032 on: April 20, 2024, 11:18:14 PM »

'Dost thou know why I give thee My graces in such abundance? To make of thee a sanctuary in which the fire of My love may continually burn. Thy heart is like a sacred altar which nothing sullied may touch; I have chosen it as an altar of holocausts for My Eternal Father.'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3033 on: April 21, 2024, 02:55:57 AM »

'We who have received baptism offer good works, not by way of repayment, but to preserve the purity given to us.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3034 on: April 22, 2024, 09:24:55 AM »

'A man deadened by the passions is impervious to advice and will not accept any spiritual correction.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3035 on: April 23, 2024, 04:46:16 AM »

'Blessed the one who always keeps the memory of God in himself, he will be wholly like an Angel from heaven upon earth, ministering to the Lord with fear and love.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3036 on: April 24, 2024, 05:47:05 AM »

'When a sinful soul does not accept the afflictions that come to it, the angels say: "We would have healed Babylon, but she was not healed" (Jer. 51:9)'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3037 on: April 25, 2024, 07:34:57 AM »

'The virtues possess a fund of goodness from which the holy intellect brings forth blessings.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3038 on: April 26, 2024, 07:07:20 AM »

'The soul's disease is an evil disposition while its death is sin put into action.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3039 on: April 27, 2024, 06:15:10 AM »

'Arguments and human reasoning will never teach us as much as humble recourse to God.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: