Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2020, 10:26:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 803211 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3553 on: November 23, 2020, 07:37:51 PM »

'A man who strays from the path of understanding comes to rest in the company of the dead.'

Proverbs 21:16

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3554 on: November 23, 2020, 07:38:43 PM »

'I have often thought of, and meditated on, the holy eagerness of the patriarchs who so sighed for the coming of the Messiah; and I felt confused, and was, moreover, so penetrated with grief, that I could scarcely refrain from weeping, so much was I ashamed to see the tepidity and indifference of these unhappy days.

For who amongst us is filled with so much joy in the fulfillment of this mystery, as did the saints of the Old Testament, at the promises which so called forth their longing desires?

Many, it is true, may rejoice at the celebration of this feast; but I am much afraid that it is less on account of the feast, than through vanity.'

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3555 on: November 24, 2020, 08:17:23 AM »

'Jacob made for Joseph a coat of many colors (cf. Gen. 37:3), and the Lord gives knowledge of truth to the gentle; as it is written, "He will teach the gentle His ways" (Ps. 25:9. LXX).'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3556 on: November 25, 2020, 12:19:00 AM »

'When St. Aloysius Gonzaga was a student, he never sought to excuse himself when he was reproached with anything; he said what he thought, and troubled himself no further about what others might think; if he was wrong, he was wrong; if he was right, he said to himself, "I have certainly been wrong some other time." My children, the saints were so completely dead to themselves, that they cared very little whether others agreed with them.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3557 on: November 26, 2020, 12:06:38 AM »

'Learn, too, to be grateful.

May all the wealth of Christ's inspiration have its shrine among you; now you will have instruction and advice for one another, full of wisdom, now there will be psalms, and hymns, and spiritual music, as you sing with gratitude in your hearts to God. Whatever you are about, in word and action alike, invoke always the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, offering your thanks to God the Father through him.'

Colossians 3:16-17

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3558 on: Yesterday at 04:21:41 AM »

'Angel of God and well-beloved brother, I trust myself to your beneficence and implore you humbly to intercede for me with my Spouse, so that He may forgive me my sins, strengthen me in well-doing, help me by His grace to correct my faults, and lead me to Paradise, there to taste the fruition of His presence and to possess eternal life. Amen.'

St. Lydwine of Schiedam

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3559 on: Today at 07:11:32 AM »

'A most excellent means of learning how to pray, is to acknowledge ourselves unworthy of such a benefit, and to put ourselves entirely into the hands of the Lord.'

St. Philip Neri

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: