Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 07:20:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1249310 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4800 on: May 12, 2024, 12:07:41 AM »

'A good conscience is found through prayer, and pure prayer through the conscience. Each by nature needs the other.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4801 on: May 14, 2024, 03:58:48 AM »

Jesus also said: "You are the light of the world." Now a light does not illumine itself, but instead it diffuses its rays and shines all around upon everything that comes into its view. So it must be with the glowing lives of upright and holy clerics. By the brightness of their holiness they must bring light and serenity to all who gaze upon them. They have been placed here to care for others. Their own lives should be an example to others, showing how they must live in the house of the Lord.'

St. John of Capistrano

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4802 on: May 14, 2024, 03:59:03 AM »

'"One day in spring," he said, "I was going to see a sick person; the bushes were full of little birds that were singing with all their might. I took pleasure in listening to them, and I said to myself, 'Poor little birds, you know not what you are doing! What a pity that is! You are singing the praises of God.'"'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4803 on: May 16, 2024, 12:59:27 AM »

'Christ's servants, male or female, neither seek nor desire any miracle except to finish their lives virtuously, persevering in that state to which God has called them.'

St. Catherine of Bologna

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4804 on: May 16, 2024, 01:00:33 AM »

'Make great account of your precious trials, both interior and exterior; it is thus that the garden of Jesus is adorned with flowers, that is, with acts of virtue.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4805 on: Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM »

'We must say to ourselves, "O Lord, Thou hast wrought all our works in us." [Is. 26:12] Because this is really so you must attribute every good work to Him and not to yourself. Bear in mind that "you in your own might and in the strength of your own hand" [c.f. Deut. 8:17] have not attained to all the good things you possess. "It is the Lord who made us and not we ourselves." [c.f. Ps. 99:3]'

St. Bonaventure

Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: