Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:20:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Belle Fleur 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Belle Fleur  (Read 186055 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2015, 08:52:46 AM »

I appreciate the red in the Verbena Cardinal!

Looks like you have gotten the hang of some inspiring smilies!

thrones   thrones   thrones   littlewings  angel yellow   littlewings  thrones   thrones   thrones

Lord Jesus have mercy on us!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2015, 07:55:19 PM »

{A} Dianthus Elizabeth     
             {B} Elizabeth is a Sweet William variety of the Carnation genus.   
             {C} St. Elizabeth of Portugal was a Spanish Princess who was the Queen Consort of King Denis (Dinis) of Portugal.           
                   She was very devout.     

littleprayer littleprayer littleprayer littleprayer littleprayer littleprayer littleprayer littleprayer littleprayer
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2015, 07:12:49 PM »

{A} Paeonia officinalis Pentecost rose   
            {B} Two other common names for Pentecost rose are common garden peony and king's flower.   
            {C} Pentecost commemorates the Descent of the Holy Ghost upon the Apostles.       

cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer littlepigeons cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer cross prayer
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2015, 10:21:56 PM »

{A} Hemerocallis Bible Story     
         {B} a Midseason Daylily which is a smooth creamy cantaloupe pink blend with green throat in color.     
         {C} Parents can introduce very small children to the Bible by telling them Bible stories.       

mommaandbaby mommaandbaby mommaandbaby mommaandbaby mommaandbaby

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2015, 09:19:01 PM »

{A} Tulipa Divine     
             {B} A Double Early Tulip which has showy red fragrant flowers.     
             {C} Divine Praises Prayer     
                    Blessed be God. Blessed be His Holy Name.     
                    Blessed be Jesus Christ, true God and true Man. Blessed be the name of Jesus.
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2015, 07:50:43 PM »

{A} Sempervivum christii     
          {B} Hens-and-chicks. Also known as Live-Forever.     
          {C} The Feast of Corpus Christi is also known as Corpus Domini.     

sheep sheep sheep sheep sheep crucifix sheep sheep sheep sheep sheep
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2015, 07:54:10 PM »

{A} Hosta Joseph     
                  {B} A hosta with very shiny dark green foliage with lavender flowers.   
                  {C} The Book of Genesis tells how Joseph, the son of Jacob, came to be sold into slavery by his brothers.     

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2015, 08:08:46 PM »

{A} Rosa Celestial     
               {B} Common name is Mirden Rose.     
                     A rose with few thorns. The flower shell is pink and the stamens are yellow.     
               {C} In the prayer Invocation to the Nine Choirs:   
                      O might Powers, preserve us against the wiles of the demons,         
                      O celestial Virtues, give us strength and courage in the battle of life         

thrones angel yellow Seraphim littlewings angel blue cherubim thrones angel yellow Seraphim
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2015, 05:24:55 AM »

The nine choirs of angels.. it really is great to have some devotions to them!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2015, 08:04:46 PM »

{A} Golden Prayers Plantain Lily     
             {B} A hosta with golden yellow foliage and handsome, pale lavender flowers.   
             {C} A Prayer to Jesus in the Tabernacle begins:   
                   O Divine Saviour! I thank thee for having perpetuated Thy humble, obedient, self-sacrificing   
                    and recollected silence of Nazareth in the tabernacle     

littleprayer cross prayer littleprayer cross prayer littleprayer cross prayer littleprayer cross prayer littleprayer cross prayer littleprayer cross prayer littleprayer cross prayer
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2015, 08:14:31 PM »

{A} Pelargonium Galilee         
{B} An ivy-leaved deciduous perennial. The large, double, rose-pink flowers, with a silvery reverse,             
                          are in clusters. The flowers are cup-shaped.     
{C} Pope Francis I's Easter Vigil Homily of 2014 was entitled Where is My Galilee? Encountering Jesus.     

:teaandcoffee: :teaandcoffee: :teaandcoffee: :teaandcoffee: :teaandcoffee: :teaandcoffee: :teaandcoffee: :teaandcoffee: :teaandcoffee:
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2015, 08:08:10 PM »

{A} Rosa Baby Love     
                   {B} Baby Love is a bushy, upright rose with cupped, single, bright yellow flowers.       
                   {C } 1Corinthians, Chapter 13 Verse 8: Love never comes to an end.       

shy shy shy violin violin violin sweat drop

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2015, 09:47:15 PM »

A. Jeanne d'Arc Althea "Hibiscus syriacus 'Jeanne dArc'"
B. Prolific bloomer of large, double, bright white flowers. One of the few shrubs to bloom mid summer until hard frost. Green folliage becomes yellow-green in fall.
C. St. Joan of Arc, the fair maid whom God made use of to show His intervention to the world to end the Hundred Years' War.

'In God's Name! The soldiers will fight, and God will give the victory.'

St. Joan of Arc

'I had a banner of which the field was sprinkled with lilies; the world was painted there, with an angel at each side; it was white, of the white cloth called 'boccassin'; there was written above, I believe, 'Jhesus Maria'; it was fringed with silk.'

St. Joan of Arc

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2015, 08:10:26 PM »

{A} Ficus benjamina Israel     
                    {B} Ficus benjamina is commonly known as the weeping fig, Benjamin's fig, or ficus tree.   
                    {C} Benjamin was the youngest son of Jacob (Israel) in the Old Testament. Rachel was the mother of Benjamin.     

sweat drop sweat drop sweat drop sweat drop sweat drop sweat drop sweat drop sweat drop sweat drop sweat drop sweat drop sweat drop sweat drop sweat drop sweat drop sweat drop sweat drop
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2015, 08:04:58 PM »

{A} Tillandsia Creation     
               {B} Tillandsia Creation is a fantastic hybrid. It has a brilliant pink paddle-like bloom spike.     
               {C} The Canticle of Creation by Saint Francis of Assisi begins:   
                            O Most High, all-powerful, good Lord God,       
                            to you belong praise, glory, honour and all blessing.   
                            Be praised, my Lord, for all your creation     

flower sheep lilo fishie littlepigeons flower sheep lilo fishie littlepigeons
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2015, 07:11:35 PM »

I planted some lily of the valley in the garden today. Here are some passages. . .

1 I AM the flower of the field, and the lily of the valley.
(a) Christ professeth himself the flower of mankind: yea Lord of all creatures.
2 (b) As the lily among the Thorns, so is my love among the daughters.
(b) The Church excelleth all other societies: In the Church the godly excel sinners, Among the innocent and holy, the virgin Mary surpasseth all.
3 (c) As the apple tree among trees of the woods, so is my beloved among the sons. Under his shadow, whom I desired, I sat: and his fruit was sweet unto my throat.
(c) The Church praising Christ resteth secure under his protection.
4 He brought me into the wineceller, he hath ordered in me charity.
5 Stay me up with flowers, compass me about with apples: because I languish with love.
6 His left hand under my head, and his righthand shall embrace me.
7 I adjure you o daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and the hearts of the fields, (d) that you raise not, nor make the beloved to awake, until herself will.
(d) He for the weaks sake permitteth her not to be molested, till she be prepared to suffer with patience.
8 (e) The voice of my beloved, behold he cometh leaping in the mountains, leaping over the little hills:
(e) She feeling Christs assistance, confesseth, & preacheth boldly his Gospel, & truth against all Pagans, and Heretics.
9 my beloved is like unto a roe, and to a fawn of hearts. Behold he standeth behind our wall, (f) looking through the windows, looking forth by the grates.
(f) Who though he show not himself visibly:
10 Behold my beloved speaketh to me: (g) Arise, make hast my love, my dove, beautiful one, and come.
(g) yet encourageth her to approach unto him:
11 For winter is now past, the rain is gone, and departed.
12 The flowers have appeared in our land, the time of pruning is come: the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land:

Canticle of Canticles 2:1-12, Original Douai Rheims

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Belle Fleur « previous next »
Jump to: