Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:37:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 188 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 697934 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2013, 12:46:06 AM »

'Contrition, Peter, manifests itself in many forms of spiritual beauty. For this reason, Jeremiah says, "For these things I weep, mine eye runneth down with water." However, there are two essential kinds of contrition.  When the soul, thirsting, seeks God, at the outset it feels contrition out of fear, but afterwards out of desire.'

Pope St. Gregory the Great

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
George
Prayerful
Established

Saint Joseph please pray for my children

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2013, 08:14:42 PM »

I have what God wished me to have, and I want no more.
Saint Germaine Cousin

This is so beautiful in it's simplicity, just thinking about it fills my soul with peace, this is what I'm striving for.

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2013, 08:26:25 PM »

Thinking about it that way I feel the same. Thank you George. Thanks be to God for His mercy on poor souls.  crucifix

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2013, 08:32:14 PM »

When the soul, thirsting, seeks God, at the outset it feels contrition out of fear, but afterwards out of desire.'

Yes, and out of love. And in those moments I think, How can I delight thee Lord?

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2013, 02:51:12 AM »

I've been working a little on getting my mornings in better order.

It calls to mind Cain and Abel, and Abel offering the first fruits. I started thinking to myself, 'Am I offering the first fruits of the day to God, or only the remains.'

'The greater and more persistent your confidence in God, the more abundantly you will receive all that you ask.'

St. Albert the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2013, 03:08:30 AM »

'In a word, let us be all to God, all for God and all in God; and remember that He wills you to lead an exemplary life, wholly pure and angelic.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, to her brother a priest

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2013, 07:58:43 PM »

Our Lord is continually guiding our feet out of the quagmire of preoccupation of present circumstances to the solid ground of joy and thanksgiving in the eternal life of heaven, helping us to rise again from our falls and to press forward to the fullness of the resurrection where our bodies will be glorified with Christ Jesus our Savior.
St. Leo the Great

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2013, 08:37:09 PM »

That's one I hadn't heard before!  Grin

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2013, 11:42:36 PM »

Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer.
Romans 12:12

If you pray you are sure of saving your soul. If you do not pray you are just as sure to lose your soul.
St. Alphonsus Liguori

No prayer, no power.
A little prayer, a little power.
A lot of prayer, a lot of power!

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2013, 11:45:21 PM »

Pray unceasingly! Pray unceasingly!

Pray for the waters of grace to rise up in the soul unceasingly. . .

Little Angel

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2013, 06:19:13 PM »

The Lord would have us smother anger when it is only a spark.
St. Peter Chrysologus

Do not let your anger outlast the sunset: Do not leave room for the devil.
Ephesians 4:26-27

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2013, 12:03:29 AM »

Nice to read those two together.

Grin

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »

Do not be depressed. Do not let your weakness make you impatient. Instead, let the serenity of your spirit shine through your face. Let the joy of your mind burst forth. Let words of thanks break from your lips.
Saint Peter Damian

George ( Haji )
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2013, 04:48:08 PM »

So hard to do even when we want to do it. We spend our time in gloomy, self-serving or trivial thoughts with no idea of thanksgiving.

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2013, 12:11:00 AM »

Do not be depressed. Do not let your weakness make you impatient. Instead, let the serenity of your spirit shine through your face. Let the joy of your mind burst forth. Let words of thanks break from your lips.
Saint Peter Damian

I had not seen this one before, thanks George.

St. Peter Damian.. what a crusader for mortification he was. And in the midst of sacrifice, joy.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2013, 12:22:55 AM »

'I am always happy and content in God. I accept all things, pleasant or unpleasant, gratefully from our dear heavenly Father. He knows what is best for us and so I am always happy in God. I try to love Him very much. There is only one thing that grieves me, and that is that I love Him so little. If I could become a seraph of love I would call on all creatures to help me love my God. I must close now. I could go on and on. Love has no limits. I would have to write much more but I don’t have the time. The bell is ringing to call me once more to praise God.'

St. Conrad of Parzham

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 188 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: