Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:48:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1239017 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #576 on: September 26, 2012, 10:49:16 AM »

We need to detach and reattach to Him.  Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 26, 2012, 10:55:15 AM »

He sends  griefs and afflictions to those He loves and to help them detach. I need strength  to read this quote.  sweat drop A trifle scary!

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #578 on: September 26, 2012, 10:58:41 AM »

He sends  griefs and afflictions to those He loves and to help them detach. I need strength  to read this quote.  sweat drop A trifle scary!

Sometimes I think of myself as a remedial student taking the same lesson over and over again until I finally get it right.  popeyes

Thank God, He hasn't given up me! Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 26, 2012, 11:03:36 AM »

You're right Shin! Many a time I've felt I did not pass through a trial right , but He is still by my side after it all.  ( With another trial to help me practice better Grin)
For example, with my job and the terrible management and co-workers. Sometimes I think I should have stuck it out and offered it all up. But at that moment I was completely stressed out and quit.  Undecided  I pray God sees my weaknesses and is merciful!  crucifix

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #580 on: September 26, 2012, 11:12:03 AM »

I think you did the right thing Patricia. That place was more than too tough!

Sometimes it's not the destination, but it's the journey, and we're only meant to stop off at some places as wayposts, to learn a little, then move on!

Grin You certainly showed some courage there!

Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 26, 2012, 11:15:05 AM »

Thanks Shin!!   Smiley

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #582 on: September 26, 2012, 11:20:42 AM »

The only way I can handle grief and afflictions is with prayer and consolation from God! I lack a lot of virtue in regards to fortitude and bearing things properly! God help me!

George
Prayerful
Established

Saint Joseph please pray for my children

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 26, 2012, 01:24:09 PM »

The only way I can handle grief and afflictions is with prayer and consolation from God! I lack a lot of virtue in regards to fortitude and bearing things properly! God help me!

So true.
It's only through prayer and faith that I can overcome the helplessness I feel when confronted by some of life's heaviest burdens.
I guess through prayer and love even little shoulders can bear heavy crosses.

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #584 on: September 26, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »

There's nothing like God's consolation while carrying the cross, is there?

crucifix

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: September 26, 2012, 01:52:19 PM »

No there isn't. Praise God for his mercy!

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #586 on: September 26, 2012, 03:01:27 PM »

'As the branch separated from the roots soon loses all life and verdure, so it is with good works which are not united with charity.'

Pope St. Gregory the Great

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 27, 2012, 01:43:37 PM »

If God gives you an abundant harvest of trials, it is a sign of great holiness which he desires you to attain. Do you want to become a great saint?
Ask God to to send you many sufferings. The flame of Divine Love never rises higher than when fed with the wood of the cross, which the infinite charity of the Savior used to finish His sacrifice. All pleasures of the world are nothing compared with the sweetness found in the gall and vinegar offered to Jesus Christ. That is, hard and painful things endured for Jesus Christ and with Jesus Christ.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

George ( Haji )
martin
Established

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you' save souls.

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 27, 2012, 05:29:59 PM »

Sometimes it's not the destination, but it's the journey, and we're only meant to stop off at some places as wayposts, to learn a little, then move on!

Sometimes it's only in hindsight we can see the benefits of such crosses.
You were very brave Patricia.

If God gives you an abundant harvest of trials, it is a sign of great holiness which he desires you to attain. Do you want to become a great saint?
Ask God to to send you many sufferings. The flame of Divine Love never rises higher than when fed with the wood of the cross, which the infinite charity of the Savior used to finish His sacrifice. All pleasures of the world are nothing compared with the sweetness found in the gall and vinegar offered to Jesus Christ. That is, hard and painful things endured for Jesus Christ and with Jesus Christ.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

Sometimes while meditating on the Passion of Our Lord, it seems as if the Lord is inviting one to suffer with Him. I can never bring myself to ask Him to send me suffering; the best I can muster is to ask for the grace and courage to accept without complaining, those trials that come along each day.  Embarrassed

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
(Galatians 2:20)
George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 27, 2012, 08:09:05 PM »

Sometimes it's only in hindsight we can see the benefits of such crosses.
You were very brave Patricia.

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Sometimes while meditating on the Passion of Our Lord, it seems as if the Lord is inviting one to suffer with Him. I can never bring myself to ask Him to send me suffering; the best I can muster is to ask for the grace and courage to accept without complaining, those trials that come along each day.  Embarrassed

It is difficult, it's a thing I pray over daily, accepting rather than embracing those crosses, I find offering up the suffering is doable though it is a struggle at times, but I find my prayer life grows richer and that's a blessing, maybe someday I'll find the courage to embrace rather than just accept.

George ( Haji )
George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 28, 2012, 11:38:04 AM »

God is more pleased by one work, however small, done secretly, without desire that it be known, than a thousand done with desire that men know of them.
St. John of the Cross

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #591 on: September 28, 2012, 12:33:48 PM »

God is more pleased by one work, however small, done secretly, without desire that it be known, than a thousand done with desire that men know of them.
St. John of the Cross

That's a quite inspiring quote George, thank you for it.

'In God's sight, our cross is as a precious balm which loses its aroma on exposure to the air; therefore we must make every effort to hide our cross and carry it in silence.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

I know sometimes we need help carrying the cross from our friends though. Cheesy But we must also beware of being rewarded for our crosses in this life rather than the next!

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: