Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:57:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1240701 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #592 on: September 28, 2012, 12:35:57 PM »

'O Mary, O Mother of sorrows! At the foot of the cross, you became our Mother. I am the child of your sorrow, the child of Calvary.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
George
Prayerful
Established

Saint Joseph please pray for my children

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 28, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »

'O Mary, O Mother of sorrows! At the foot of the cross, you became our Mother. I am the child of your sorrow, the child of Calvary.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

This is beautiful.
Thank you Shin

George ( Haji )
George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 30, 2012, 12:02:57 AM »

A tiny spark of God's love already burns within you, do not expose it to the wind, for it may get blown out.
Stay quiet with God. Do not spend your time in useless chatter.
Do not give yourself to others so completely that you have nothing left for yourself.
St. Charles Borromeo

George ( Haji )
MidnightSun12

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 30, 2012, 12:12:57 AM »

God is more pleased by one work, however small, done secretly, without desire that it be known, than a thousand done with desire that men know of them.
St. John of the Cross
Beatiful quote!  It's much better to save the reward for our good deads until the next life, then to reep all the benefits in this one.
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 30, 2012, 02:56:17 PM »

“The deeds you do may be the only sermon some persons will hear today”
St. Francis of Assisi

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
Inspirational Quotes from the saints:
'If men but knew Thee, O my God!'
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
 O Beauty ever ancient, ever new,
 late have I loved Thee!......”
St. Augustine of Hippo
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 01, 2012, 08:19:45 AM »

October 1
The Month of October is traditionally dedicated to the Holy Rosary.
Today is the Memorial of
Blessed Edward James
Among many other Saints and Blesseds
It is also the Memorial of
Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus
Patonness of African Missions.

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
St. Augustine of Hippo
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 01, 2012, 08:27:15 AM »

Blessed Edward James
Myrtyr.

Edward was born at Breaston, Derbyshire in England. He was brought up as a Protestant, studied at Saint John’s College, Oxford, and converted to Catholicism as an adult. He studied as a seminarian at Rheims, France and Rome and was ordained in 1583. He returned to England to minister to Catholics covertly. He was arrested and imprisoned for four and a half years with Blessed Ralph Crockett. He was hanged, drawn, and quartered on 1 October 1588 at Chichester, West Sussex, victim of the anti Catholic fury raging at the time in England. His crime? Being a priest.
He was beatified on 15 December 1929 by Pope Pius XI. His canonization is pending.
Blessed Edward James,
Pray for us!

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
St. Augustine of Hippo
George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 01, 2012, 03:37:29 PM »

It is a lesson we all need. To let alone the things that don't concern us. He has other ways for others to follow Him. All do not go by the same path. It is for each of us to learn the path by which He requires us to follow Him.
St. Katharine Drexel

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #600 on: October 01, 2012, 06:10:02 PM »

'Blessed the one whose thought has been with grace, like a cloud filled with rain, and which waters souls for the increase of fruits of life; his praise will be for everlasting glory.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #601 on: October 01, 2012, 09:40:33 PM »

'Let us leave this worthless world.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #602 on: October 03, 2012, 01:14:45 PM »

'See, my children, if we really wish to be saved we must determine, once for all, to labor in earnest for our salvation; our soul is like a garden in which the weeds are ever ready to choke the good plants and flowers that have been sown in it. If the gardener who has charge of this garden neglects it, if he is not continually using the spade and the hoe, the flowers and plants will soon disappear. Thus, my children, do the virtues with which God has been pleased to adorn our soul disappear under our vices if we neglect to cultivate them. As a vigilant gardener labours from morning till night to destroy the weeds in his garden, and to ornament it with flowers, so let us labor every day to uproot the vices of our soul and to adorn it with virtues. See, my children, a gardener never lets the weeds take root, because he knows that then he would never be able to destroy them. Neither let us allow our vices to take root, or we shall not be able to conquer them.

One day, an anchorite being in a forest with a companion, showed him four cypresses to be pulled up one after the other; the young man, who did not very well know why he told him to do this, took hold of the first tree, which was quite small, and pulled it up with one hand without trouble; the second, which was a little bigger and had some roots, made him pull harder, but yet he pulled it up with one hand; the third, being still bigger, offered so much resistance, that he was obliged to take both hands and to use all his strength; the fourth, which was grown into a tree, had such deep roots, that he exhausted himself in vain efforts. The saint then said to him, "With a little vigilance and mortification, we succeed in repressing our passions, and we triumph over them when they are only springing up; but when they have taken deep root, nothing is more difficult; the thing is even impossible without a miracle."

Let us not reckon on a miracle of Providence, my children; let us not put off till the end of our life the care that we ought daily to take of our soul; let us labor while there is yet time. . .'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 05, 2012, 08:27:14 AM »

"The sinner who is ashamed to do evil is closer to God than the upright man who is ashamed to do good.”
 Saint Pio of Pietrelcina

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
St. Augustine of Hippo
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #604 on: October 06, 2012, 04:44:58 AM »

'Subjugate your body, strip it of sensual pleasures, and free it from base servitude.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 06, 2012, 09:37:55 AM »

Consequently, heretics and schismatics, separated from the unity of this Body, are able to receive the same Sacrament, but with no benefit to themselves; indeed, more to their own harm, in that they are judged the more severely rather than being liberated.
St. Augustine

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
St. Augustine of Hippo
George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 08, 2012, 12:17:28 PM »

He came amongst His own and His own received Him not, and it hurt Him then and it has kept on hurting Him.
The same hunger, the same loneliness, the same having no one to be accepted by and to be loved and wanted by.
Blessed Mother Theresa

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #607 on: October 11, 2012, 03:37:13 AM »

'Run from places of sin as from the plague. For when fruit is not present, we have no frequent desire to eat it.'

St. John Climacus

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: