Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 03:30:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 182 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 705943 times)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 08, 2013, 01:45:37 PM »

Sometimes it seems overwhelming!

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
George
Prayerful
Established

Saint Joseph please pray for my children

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 08, 2013, 01:55:17 PM »

All those who belong to Jesus Christ are fastened with Him to the cross.
St. Augustine

For can anyone be excused who, by ceasing to pray, has shown that he did not wish to overcome his enemy.
St. John Chrysostom

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #971 on: April 10, 2013, 12:31:01 AM »

'As bread is food for the body and virtue is food for the soul, so spiritual prayer is food for the mind.'

St. Nilus of Sinai

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 10, 2013, 04:22:33 AM »

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
Inspirational Quotes from the saints:
'If men but knew Thee, O my God!'
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
 O Beauty ever ancient, ever new,
 late have I loved Thee!......”
St. Augustine of Hippo
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #973 on: April 10, 2013, 07:23:06 AM »

'If you have a heart, you can be saved.'

St. Pambo

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 11, 2013, 11:06:35 AM »

“Proclaim the truth and do not be silent through fear.”

St. Catherine of Siena

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
Inspirational Quotes from the saints:
'If men but knew Thee, O my God!'
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
 O Beauty ever ancient, ever new,
 late have I loved Thee!......”
St. Augustine of Hippo
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #975 on: April 12, 2013, 05:48:55 AM »

A timely quote!

'It seems to me that the happiness of a soul consists entirely in conforming to the most adorable Will of God; for in so doing the heart finds peace and the spirit joy and repose, since he "who is joined to the Lord in one spirit" with Him. (1 Cor. 6:17).'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #976 on: April 17, 2013, 04:20:06 AM »

'The only means for detaching ourselves from creatures is to acquire a great love for God. If the love of God does not go so far as to obtain the mastery over our own will, we shall never attain to being saints. The means for acquiring this ruling love is devout prayer.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 18, 2013, 01:52:23 PM »

We must never lose sight of the fact that we are either saints or outcasts, that we must love for heaven or hell. There is no middle path in this.
St. John Vianney

George ( Haji )
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 18, 2013, 02:20:08 PM »

"We must never lose sight of the fact that we are either saints or outcasts, that we must love for heaven or hell. There is no middle path in this."
St. John Vianney

Scary thought for many of us!

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #979 on: April 18, 2013, 03:24:20 PM »

It definitely makes you want to do more!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #980 on: April 18, 2013, 03:26:02 PM »

'The happiness of man on earth, my children, is to be very good; those who are very good bless the good God, they love Him, they glorify Him, and do all their works with joy and love, because they know that we are in this world for no other end than to serve and love the good God.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #981 on: April 20, 2013, 07:08:45 AM »

'Could you but realize what happiness it is to love the Sacred Heart of Jesus, you would despise all else to love but It alone.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #982 on: April 21, 2013, 06:15:31 PM »

'Without love the soul of man cannot exist. Her affections must be fixed on God or on creatures: if she love not creatures, she will certainly love God. Hence, the Holy Ghost exhorts us to guard our hearts with the utmost vigilance against all affections which have not God for their object: With all watchfulness keep thy heart, because life issueth out from it. While the heart loves God, the soul shall have life; but if the heart transfer its affections to creatures, spiritual death will be the inevitable consequence. In order, then, to become a saint, the spouse of the Lamb must expel from her soul what soever has not God for its end and object.

When any one demanded admission into the Society of the Fathers of the Desert, they answered him by the following question: "Do you bring a vacant heart, that it may be filled by the Holy Ghost?" Justly did they require a soul detached from earthly goods; for a heart in which the world dwells cannot be replenished with the love of God. Whoever brings to the fountain a-vessel replete with sand, will labor in vain to fill it with water unless it be first emptied of its contents.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #983 on: April 22, 2013, 06:59:47 AM »

'The sensible firmament symbolizes the firmament of faith in which all the saints shine like stars.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Stella Matutina

My Jesus, mercy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #984 on: April 22, 2013, 07:35:57 PM »

'Without love the soul of man cannot exist. Her affections must be fixed on God or on creatures: if she love not creatures, she will certainly love God. Hence, the Holy Ghost exhorts us to guard our hearts with the utmost vigilance against all affections which have not God for their object: With all watchfulness keep thy heart, because life issueth out from it. While the heart loves God, the soul shall have life; but if the heart transfer its affections to creatures, spiritual death will be the inevitable consequence. In order, then, to become a saint, the spouse of the Lamb must expel from her soul what soever has not God for its end and object.

When any one demanded admission into the Society of the Fathers of the Desert, they answered him by the following question: "Do you bring a vacant heart, that it may be filled by the Holy Ghost?" Justly did they require a soul detached from earthly goods; for a heart in which the world dwells cannot be replenished with the love of God. Whoever brings to the fountain a-vessel replete with sand, will labor in vain to fill it with water unless it be first emptied of its contents.'

This quote is quite sobering, but also holds a very beautiful truth well worth striving for.

littleprayer
George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 22, 2013, 09:45:01 PM »

Come, Holy Spirit, as you descended upon Mary, that the word might become flesh, work in us through grace as you worked in her through nature and grace.
St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi

O' Mother of Christ, Star of the Sea,
pray for the sinner, pray for me.

Deep night hath come down on us, Mother, deep night,
and we need more than ever the guide of thy light;
For darker the night is, the brighter should be
thy beautiful shining, Sweet Star of the Sea.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:02:42 AM by haji » Logged

George ( Haji )
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 182 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: