Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:43:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1238913 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1008 on: May 13, 2013, 05:16:34 AM »

Great quote George!  Grin

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 13, 2013, 03:19:56 PM »

"It is better that the truth be known than that scandal be covered up."

St. Augustine

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
Inspirational Quotes from the saints:
'If men but knew Thee, O my God!'
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
 O Beauty ever ancient, ever new,
 late have I loved Thee!......”
St. Augustine of Hippo
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1010 on: May 13, 2013, 04:14:26 PM »

And someday that great day will come, when the truth is revealed before all the earth, upon its ending, and new beginning.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1011 on: May 13, 2013, 04:24:27 PM »

'Why do you fall into the destruction of the devil through him and with him? Preserve the sublime nature with which you were born. Persevere just as you were made by God. Establish your soul with the state of your face and body. That you may be able to know God, know yourself first. Abandon the idols which human error invented. Turn to God, and if you implore Him, He comes to your aid. Believe in Christ whom the Father sent to quicken and restore us.'

St. Cyprian of Carthage

George
Prayerful
Established

Saint Joseph please pray for my children

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 14, 2013, 10:31:54 PM »

Don't you see that Satan and his agents take possession of all inventions and all achievements of progress to convert them to evil? All the more reason to finally wake up and get to work in order to reconquer the positions taken up by the enemy.
St. Maximilian Kolbe

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1013 on: May 15, 2013, 03:48:00 AM »

'A soul defiled by the passions becomes obdurate: it has to undergo knife and cautery before it recovers its faith.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1014 on: May 15, 2013, 01:24:10 PM »

'I will make thee appear so poor, so vile and so abject in thine own eyes, and will so completely annihilate thee in thine own opinion, that I may be able to build up Mine own Self upon this nothingness.'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Humility is honesty. Humility is clear sight.

George
Prayerful
Established

Saint Joseph please pray for my children

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 15, 2013, 03:33:17 PM »

We ask you, Our Lady, you who are called the Morning Star, dispel with your light the thick fog of allurements to evil which fill our souls.
St. Anthony of Padua

George ( Haji )
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 15, 2013, 06:14:38 PM »

DAILY COMMUNION

If it is "daily bread," why do you take it once a year?
 . . . Take daily what is to profit you daily.
 Live in such a way that you may deserve to receive it daily.
 He who does not deserve to receive it daily, does not deserve to receive it once a year.

St. Ambrose of Milan

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
St. Augustine of Hippo
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1017 on: May 16, 2013, 05:36:07 PM »

'Before giving his adorable Body and his Precious Blood, Jesus washed his Apostles' feet, to make us understand how necessary it is that we should be free form even the slightest sins. It is true that venial sin does not make our Communions unworthy, but it is the reason why we hardly profit by them.

See, in fact, how you have made your communions: have you become the better for them? Perhaps not. . . Why? Because you nearly always cling to the same habits. You have a horror of gross sins which bring death to your soul; but as for all those impatiences, those murmurings, those little subterfuges in your speech, they scarcely trouble you. You will suffer nothing, and be contradicted in nothing, and you want everybody to love you and think well of you.

You do not make the smallest effort to amend. Try and labour to destroy in yourself all that displeases Jesus Christ, and you will see how your Communions will make you walk with great strides on your way to heaven; and the more you do this, the more you will feel yourself detached from sin and turned to God.'

St. Jean Marie Baptist Vianney

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1018 on: May 17, 2013, 05:01:15 PM »

'Assuredly there is no one in the world who would not receive every kind of help from Heaven, if he had a truly grateful love for Jesus Christ, such as that which is shown by devotion to His Sacred Heart.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 18, 2013, 01:57:28 PM »

"Temptations, discouragement and unrest are the wares offered by the enemy.
 Remember this:
 if the devil makes noise, it is a sign that he is still outside and not yet within.
 That which must terrify us is his peace and concord with the human soul.
That which comes from Satan begins with calmness and ends in storm, indifference and apathy.”
St. Pio of Pietrelcina

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
St. Augustine of Hippo
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1020 on: May 18, 2013, 09:56:55 PM »

'Until you have eradicated evil, do not obey your heart; for it will seek more of what it already contains within itself.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1021 on: May 19, 2013, 04:02:58 PM »

'There is not a finer thing on earth, than to make a virtue of necessity.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1022 on: May 19, 2013, 10:32:48 PM »

' . . . Abba Isidore said, 'It is the wisdom of the saints to recognize the will of God. Indeed, in obeying the truth, man surpasses everything else, for he is the image and likeness of God. Of all evil suggestions, the most terrible is that of following one's own heart, that is to say, one's own thought, and not the law of God. A man who does this will be afflicted later on, because he has not recognized the mystery, and he has not found the way of the saints in order to work in it. For now is the time to labour for the Lord, for salvation is found in the day of affliction: for it is written: "By your endurance you will gain your lives."' (Luke 21.19)

- The Sayings of the Desert Fathers

crucifix

Paul

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 20, 2013, 09:20:01 AM »

"We must not believe or follow the false maxims of the world or think, speak or act like people of the world. Their doctrine is as opposed to that of incarnate Wisdom as darkness is to light, and death to life. Look closely at their opinions and their words: they think and speak disparagingly of all the great truths of our religion. True, they do not tell brazen lies, but they cover their falsehood with an appearance of truth; they do not think they are being untruthful, but they lie nonetheless. In general, they do not teach sin openly, but they speak of it as if it were virtuous, or blameless, or a matter of indifference and of little consequence. This guile which the devil has taught the world in order to conceal the heinousness of sin and falsehood is the wickedness spoken of by St. John when he wrote, "The whole world lies in the power of evil" (1 Jn 5.19) and now more than ever before.

We must flee as much as possible from the company of others, not only from that of worldly people, which is harmful and dangerous, but even from that of religious people when our association with them would be useless and a waste of time. Whoever wishes to become wise and perfect must put into practice these three golden counsels which eternal Wisdom gave to St. Arsenius, "Flee, hide, be silent." Flee as much as possible the company of men, as the greatest saints have done. Let your life be hidden with Christ in God. (Col 3.3) In short, be silent with others, so as to converse with divine Wisdom. "He who knows how to keep silent is a wise man." (Sir 20.5)"

St. Louis de Montfort
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: